• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls vs Maine Black Bears

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  310
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, Bryson W said:

Whoever is in charge of the lights needs to be fired, second straight game with light issues

Just turn all the lights out 

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  779
  • Days Won:  2

Okay, I am going to admit it. If coach continues with this style of play, we are not going to win crap.

1. Players with no time on the floor. In and out, in and out. How can players get into the flow of the game with this silly rotation? How can players utilize their individual skills if they are just passing the ball around to find the open man?

2. No post play. You need post play to overcome a crappy night shooting. Besides, teams are scouting us and preparing to defend one style of play. That gives them the advantage.

3. Outrebounding the other team does not mean you don't need taller players on the floor. If teams are shooting well against us, that tells me that we don't have players tall enough to defend.

4. From what I have seen of Knox, he is on the floor only to get his brother here.

5. And what is up with Tampa Bay on the uniform? Did the school change their name Tampa Bay University?

CAAR and CJF seem to be doing the same silly thing. Put the best 5 on the court and give them time to make plays and develop chemistry with each other. Put a bigger lineup on the floor. I don't understand why, in a game where height matters, we are sitting our tallest players. I had this issue with CBG and his sitting our bigs. Mack and McCleary are now the best players and go to guys on their respective teams, while they sat the bench here.

I know some of you will disagree, but if I am coach, I am putting Walker, Tobiloba, Pryor, Placer, and Youngblood as my starting five. I would let them play substantial minutes, and I would sub accordingly. I don't like this constant subbing one bit. Tobiloba is not the greatest but he needs to develop and I am seeing too many much shorter opponents making too many baskets down low.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

Oh, brother! What more is there to say? Maine. Maine.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

24 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Okay, I am going to admit it. If coach continues with this style of play, we are not going to win crap.

1. Players with no time on the floor. In and out, in and out. How can players get into the flow of the game with this silly rotation? How can players utilize their individual skills if they are just passing the ball around to find the open man?

2. No post play. You need post play to overcome a crappy night shooting. Besides, teams are scouting us and preparing to defend one style of play. That gives them the advantage.

3. Outrebounding the other team does not mean you don't need taller players on the floor. If teams are shooting well against us, that tells me that we don't have players tall enough to defend.

4. From what I have seen of Knox, he is on the floor only to get his brother here.

5. And what is up with Tampa Bay on the uniform? Did the school change their name Tampa Bay University?

CAAR and CJF seem to be doing the same silly thing. Put the best 5 on the court and give them time to make plays and develop chemistry with each other. Put a bigger lineup on the floor. I don't understand why, in a game where height matters, we are sitting our tallest players. I had this issue with CBG and his sitting our bigs. Mack and McCleary are now the best players and go to guys on their respective teams, while they sat the bench here.

I know some of you will disagree, but if I am coach, I am putting Walker, Tobiloba, Pryor, Placer, and Youngblood as my starting five. I would let them play substantial minutes, and I would sub accordingly. I don't like this constant subbing one bit. Tobiloba is not the greatest but he needs to develop and I am seeing too many much shorter opponents making too many baskets down low.

This says a lot of it.  Except on defense we're not smart and we're slow (lazy).  Can't close out right and jump in the air like a third grader if a shot is anticipated.  Terrible.

He starts guys that shouldn't start, he puts guys on the floor that can't play.  Goes 10-11 deep with a crap roster.  I guess you could argue with a crap roster it doesn't matter but the fact is you shouldn't put guys on the floor that are net liabilities. Please stop it.  I've lost interest.

Tobiloba cannot play basketball at this level, Pryor can't catch a basketball.  He scored 12 tonight (yay) but on defense gave up more than that because he is out of position regularly and has feet as slow as a seven footer.  Knox is an 7th or 8th guy.  Stroud?  May be a good practice player.  This is made, by Coach, to look worse than it is.   Whoever is running subs from the bench must be on speed.  Tell him to take a downer and sit still.

I hope it gets turned around before I next tune in.  I'm giving them a long while to change. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Coach says they want to hang their hat on their defense.  I’ve seen high school teams that play better defense.  Really need to get to work on it.  Oh well nothing nice to say so I’ll leave it at that.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

Worst thing that happened to me today and I drove all day to Detroit.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

So is the university of Tampa a satellite campus now? If we’re the university of Tampa bay we either absorb them or make them change their name. We don’t need more name confusion with this rebrand

:stirpot:

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

Was made in jest and meant no disrespect to them. I should'nt talk about mascots since besides USF i am also a Stetson alum. And we are called the Hatters.  Like a multiple of hat makers not haters, which I thought it was initially.

Really thought we would win this one easy.

I knew that. So was my comment.

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

45 minutes ago, Brad said:

Pryor can't catch a basketball.  He scored 12 tonight (yay) but on defense gave up more than that because he is out of position regularly and has feet as slow as a seven footer

Disagree on the defense part - partially. Gets his hands on a lot of passes and seems to poke the ball away. I actually thought he did some good things. He is an interesting guy for sure.  

9 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Worst thing that happened to me today and I drove all day to Detroit.

That was less painful than being at the USF MBB game.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  268
  • Days Won:  1

what we need to do is simple----

1) build a huge bonfire

2) light it up and get the crowd excited!

3) toss all the Tampa Bay garbage into the fire

4) yay!

• Upvote 1