• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bowl projections - Week 11

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, 00Bull said:

May be we should move down to D2 football then if winning, regardless of against who, is all that matters. Saves $300M.

We’re talking about a single bowl game. But you go ahead with your ridiculous posts.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

not the worse idea in the world. Almost would rather compete for D2 Natties than the AAC.

I construed the original comment more as sarcasm.

I think you try to play on the highest level you can. Being in the AAC is worlds better than being in Division 2, or even conference USA or Sun Belt. Win the AAC and you might even have a shot at the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

We’re talking about a single bowl game. But you go ahead with your ridiculous posts.

You are welcome to keep scrolling, I don’t recall asking you to respond. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I construed the original comment more as sarcasm.

I think you try to play on the highest level you can. Being in the AAC is worlds better than being in Division 2, or even conference USA or Sun Belt. Win the AAC and you might even have a shot at the playoffs.

It was sarcasm but not everyone is as sharp as you.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

VPMK mentions Military Bowl and Fenway Bowl a lot in terms of who is looking hardest at us, but also throws out like 4 other bowls and says anything is possible so I take it with a log of salt.

Military has ACC/ND ties so that would be fun. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Come on man we were this close 

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2F_XMcnAz0kLw%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=023a8b1118de653ed9675b6ff64b7016f7818f9a56a41bd7fa5292bb04f0f905&ipo=imagesReport: USF parts ways with head coach Charlie Strong

to getting  5 fbs wins in four seasons when the conference alignment pieces start to shuffle . Crazy Golesh actually topped the fbs win count for the prior four seasons. All we can do is hope Golesh keeps moving usf football forward.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

USF being featured on ESPN thanks to the AAC tv deal has been priceless. I’m just gonna keep posting it whenever we see suggestions of USF dropping down to lower levels such as going independent. Now if someone wants to talk about the ACC then I agree lol 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

If you're going to whine about attendance against perennial powerhouse like Temple, well shucks, pa ... these guys will definitely pack the house:

NCAA 2023 DIV II Playoff Bracket

...and bear in mind that this is ONLY the playoff teams, not the rank-and-file opponents who make up the division, and whom we would have to play week in, week out. Go ahead. Pick who you want to play. And before you start penciling in how U of SF would fare, bear in mind that, DII allows 36 (three six) full or part time scholarships per year. Here's a handy worksheet to help you whittle down which Bulls stay and which ones get a cardboard box for clearing out their personal effects. 

https://247sports.com/college/south-florida/Season/2023-Football/ScholarshipDistribution/

It's spelled "Division II football in Florida", but it's pronounced "fold the program". :FIREdevil:

I can say as someone that lives less than 30 minutes from the NCAA2 championship game that going this route is trash, 4th nicest HS stadium in the area is where they they play the Championship game in front of 50% of a normal Friday HS game. If we go FCS then we play 2 miles from my house but it is stIll in front 25k for a national championship game, hard pass, go big or go home.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

USF being featured on ESPN thanks to the AAC tv deal has been priceless. I’m just gonna keep posting it whenever we see suggestions of USF dropping down to lower levels such as going independent. Now if someone wants to talk about the ACC then I agree lol 

Not quite sure they are featuring us. They are showing some of our games on TV instead of the + though.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

11 hours ago, 00Bull said:

Yeah, that’s where we differ. I am not interested in padding stats with a win over a no name team. Feels too participation trophy-ish for me. Put these extra practices to use and play a legitimate game that people (at large - not just die hards) will want to tune into. USF needs to make a name for itself again. No risk, no reward. 

If it were something to play for than that could be a reality.  Unfortunately we’re in the lower bowls tier where they mean nothing.