• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CAG needs to fire Todd Orlando and make Brian-Jean Marie the highest paid DC in the AAC!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,529
  • Days Won:  28

Unpopular Opinion:

I feel we need to fire Todd Orlando and pay whatever we can to Brian-Jean Marie. I stand by that CJS and CAG should have hired him. It’s about time you guys “put some respect of his name” LOL I broke down his numbers when he was our DC. I also listed our total defensive ranking since he left. Last, I put him against Tom Allen and his “land sharks”. I compared his lone year at USF to BJM 1st year at USF. And in my eyes, BJM is BETTER than Tom Allen!!! I just don't understand the lack of love for this man. CCS sucked, but BJM has a bright future. BJM is severely slept on as a defensive coordinator and I feel the numbers can speak for itself! Golesh needs to make it happen! 

Notes:

1.       BJM brought our defense from a 120th ranking to 37th in his first year. He did go to 104th but lowered it to 71st his last year. That means we were trending up in our rankings when he left.

2.       Look at our defenses after him....nuff' said

3.       After USF he was part of a defensive staff for a defense ranked #1. He has experience with elite defenses 😁

4.       He is a top-notch recruiter so he probably would have gotten us or can get better talent. BJM having Florida ties is helpful. Plenty of accolades on that end and plenty of NFL players he developed. 

5.       Look at Tennessee. He is part of a staff that coaches a group that has gotten better every year.  record.

Tom Allen Vs BJM - 

Current Team comparison Overall Defensive Ranking TFLs Sacks TFLs INTs take ways Rushing Defense 31st Passing Defense Redzone defense Scoring Defense
BJM (2017) 37th 5th 11th 5th 2nd 30th 60th (21st in 2018) 60th (8th in 2018) 4th (67%) 41st (21.5)
Tom Allen (2015) 52nd 13th 26th 13th 14th 24th 31st (141.4 pg) 34th 106th (88% 35th (22.9)

BJM rankings compared to our other coordinators - 

USF Defensive Coordinators Year Overall Defensive Ranking    
BJM USF 2017 37th    
BJM USF 2018 104th    
BJM USF 2019 71st   Overall Defensive Ranking
Glenn Spencer 2020 94th BJM Mich (Linebacksers Coach) 1st
Glenn Spencer 2021 123rd BJM Tenn (Linebacksers Coach) 99th
Bob Shoop 2022 131st BJM Tenn (Linebacksers Coach) 92nd
Todd Orlando 2023 131st BJM Tenn (Linebacksers Coach) 21st

Current Team comparison Sacks TFLs
USF 67th 7th
Tenn 8th 5th
  • Go Bulls! 1

Shout out to @usfbull08 

When Tom Allen was our DC our SOS was ranked 72nd!

image.thumb.png.b229ccd157b5f2142a7a806908fff413.png

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  19

Oh dear God, what am I about to do ...... 

I wonder if Jim Leavitt would take a job as our DC?

(by the way, I'm not saying Orlando is gone, I don't know enough to know if he is the cause of the problem, or he is playing the hand dealt as best as possible)

17 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Oh dear God, what am I about to do ...... 

I wonder if Jim Leavitt would take a job as our DC?

(by the way, I'm not saying Orlando is gone, I don't know enough to know if he is the cause of the problem, or he is playing the hand dealt as best as possible)

Our Strength of Schedule is 94th in the nation. We are ranked 7th in TFLs which to me means that our players can make plays. Todd Orlando's play calling sucks! 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  53
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Our Strength of Schedule is 94th in the nation. We are ranked 7th in TFLs which to me means that our players can make plays. Todd Orlando's play calling sucks! 

I notice the snow small things the defense don't do that are causing to play the they do and just don't have all the horses on the defensive line to carry the back seven.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Mister Armstrong said:

I notice the snow small things the defense don't do that are causing to play the they do and just don't have all the horses on the defensive line to carry the back seven.

My thing is that I'm seeing a lot of quick throws from the other teams. It's like the back 7 seem to always be out of place.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,035
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

wonder if Jim Leavitt would take a job as our DC?

I wish!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  53
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

My thing is that I'm seeing a lot of quick throws from the other teams. It's like the back 7 seem to always be out of place.

As you should when DB's are 7 yards from the wide receivers, opponents will continue to pick apart the defense as long as the the wide receivers continue to get free release off the line of scrimmage.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Or they make plays because of aggressive play calling but that aggressiveness then leads to some big plays against us

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

7 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

So it's the players being good in the TFLs but the coaches being bad for the rest. There's a disconnect there somewhere.