• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

Couple thoughts on this reflecting on the final four games to come and a postgame comment from last night:

1. We should be getting ready to field the deepest roster we've had all season. Players are allowed to play in up to 4 games and not burn a year of eligibility. All those younger guys who've been held out should have opportunities moving forward this year to fight for some jobs
  2. I believe in the Postgame last night when Golesh was speaking about Oline and specifically Skinner, he made a comment about him playing in three games already and he knew he had one more game to use him in without impacting eligibility. We likely won't see him again this season for a snap on the field then unless a big injury 

Will be interesting to see which younger guys step up and get a chance now down the stretch to help the team.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

It will definitely be interesting to see if they sprinkle some in now and how they do, but I would have hoped if they were ready to really help the team they'd already have played ........ although maybe that's the "luxury" of being able to piece together 4 wins without burning eligibilities, I don't know.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It will definitely be interesting to see if they sprinkle some in now and how they do, but I would have hoped if they were ready to really help the team they'd already have played ........ although maybe that's the "luxury" of being able to piece together 4 wins without burning eligibilities, I don't know.

I would imagine that at least a couple of guys not ready two months ago could be ready now.  Would like to see maybe a young WR show some skills.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

11 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I would imagine that at least a couple of guys not ready two months ago could be ready now.  Would like to see maybe a young WR show some skills.

True, especially with this type offense. You've really got to have your **** together with speed of it ...

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,983
  • Days Won:  2

19 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Hip Hop Reaction GIF

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, goingbackbull said:

Does  a bowl game count as one of those 4?

WWW.ASEAOFBLUE.COM

This exempts bowl games from counting toward the four-game redshirt rule in...

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

So a bowl game is really important to us.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

Im torn on holding out players to redshirt. If they could have helped us early i want to lean toward playing. That said, I'm pretty sure CAG and staff came into this planning on year two and beyond based on his comments along the way. If you can get that extra year and have these guys rolling in year 2, 3, 4 it makes sense. Even if they transfer why waste a players opportunity for a less productive true freshmen year when they could absolutely kill it in a RS junior/senior year?

Edited by Sk00b

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

we should be playing these guys

shows recruits they can also play immediately if they're good

also the chances they stay for the full 4 years anyway is somewhat low, if they stay and crush it for 4 years awesome, and then they transfer out for 1 year as grad transfer but i'll take that deal. 

we should play all of them in the bowl game. no one cares if we win or lose the whatever.com bowl as much as growing the overall program 

• Upvote 1