• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FOX 13: 'Tradition not superstition': Woody Bull statue is the talk of USF tailgates

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

On 10/19/2023 at 9:19 AM, belgianbull said:

No curses! Just bad AD hires and bad coaching hires.

Very true. 

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

24 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Let me rephrase this. Even if we think the curses are not real please don’t try to disrespect them lol. I learned the hard way with Robert the Doll when i didn’t believe in the curse lol 

Tempted to motor down to Key West just to laugh in the face of that curse. Sports curses are real ..... doll ones, not so much.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

29 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Tempted to motor down to Key West just to laugh in the face of that curse. Sports curses are real ..... doll ones, not so much.

I warn you or anyone else not to. Remember when USF lost that hoops game to GTown during November years ago due to USF blowing a late lead? GTown player made a half court shot at the buzzer. Yeah that was the same time that I didn’t believe in the RTD curse too lol. Trust me that is not even close to the worse of it. I won’t ever see RTD ever again. Hell freaking no lol 

Edited by Bull Matrix

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

22 hours ago, Brad said:

I'd ask @puc86 where he thinks the bad luck came from and whether it's practical to blow torch a piece of wood and expect different results...

I didn’t want to cross post but I would think a fan building a stupid ugly totem that they like has absolutely nothing to do with any of our issues. If we set fire to a piece of wood nothing would change because fans cannot directly impact anything even with little wooden idols. 

If we want to make our past better build a Time Machine and don’t get rid of the architect of the fastest rising program in college football history. Then pretty much hire no one that’s been hired here after he left.

If we want to make things better now throw the entire athletic department in the fire so that maybe it can rise from the ashes as the glorious phoenix it once was and then the fan can have his fun as a good luck charm. Either that or just keep being mean to him until he disappears with his statue and have one less fan and a still underperforming den of athletic iniquity.

History tells me that we will keep going with the second because it’s the fault of the fans that everyone fails and obviously never the fault of the people that get handsomely to fail.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

20 hours ago, Triple B said:

We're in perfect alignment on this subject ....

Now I feel I need to change sides

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

8 hours ago, puc86 said:

Now I feel I need to change sides

Meh, you're still on Brad's side ..... forget I said anything.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

On 10/19/2023 at 5:36 PM, Brad said:

It's the talk of twitter/x.  They want to take Woody and his owner down.  Unfortunate choice for an always struggling fan base.

I'm not going to check this, but I believe the first anti-woody tweet I saw was before the last two losses.  It has just culminated into the target now.

Desperate people, desperate takes.

The first anti-Woody tweets I remember seeing were probably after FAMU week. That being our first home game of the week brought Woody to the forefront (I honestly don't remember having ever seen him before that week) and a lot of folks wanted it fired into the sun. Then we played Bama tough and won the next two and the tide turned toward Woody being a hex on the other teams. And then UAB and FAU happened and it was back to Woody being a hex on our team

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Let's hold off and look at this whole season before making judgment about a rocket to the sun.  First off, Woody can only influence the team at home games.  I would like to analyze player performance by who rubs his head pregame and who chooses to walk by, but I'm too old to review any video footage.  So far this season, Woody participated in 2 victories, 1 close game against a top 10 team and a blow-out loss.  Cut him some slack.  Just sayin'.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

9 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

I honestly don't remember having ever seen him before that week

Woody was wheeled up to Bulls Bay when the team didn't make the walk up to the Stadium.

Now he hangs back with his owner by Lot 6.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

On 10/19/2023 at 10:16 PM, CousinRicky said:

Funny how we thing of family that passed on when their/our teams win. When the SF Giants finally won the series in 2010, I believe, first thing I did was think of my dad who hadn't seen them win since 1954.

I'll never forget the defeat in my grandfather's voice when the Sox traded Nomar at the deadline in '04. He was disheartened and convinced he'd never see it. My mom almost bought tickets to bring him to game 1 of the World Series that year, but physically he wouldn't have been able to make the trip. Any time I consider how much the Sox suck at any given time, I remember how long he waited to see a title and consider myself fortunate to have seen 4 of them.

• Upvote 1