• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

“F” the new OCS. Put the $300 million towards NIL and buy some players

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

18 hours ago, stonedonkey said:

If people think an OCS is going to fix this team they're going to be really really disappointed.

got to be able to  pay for both

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

Since AD MK was hired the lead USF Athletics football has gone 11-41.  Five of those wins were FCS teams. 

I think we hired the wrong Michael Kelly. WE should hire the actor and see if he can pretend to be the athletic director in a role . It isn't like the results could not be much worse that the last 4 years under the current Michael Kelly.

image.png.8c34e6ec1d2b8eed05da3d43ff363c5a.png

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

37 minutes ago, MMW said:

Brad, I feel like that brief period is long forgotten in the world if college football. We had some wins but we never won anything. 

Also, during those times the anti OCS folks were louder than ever if you recall.  They were wrong then as now.  Ray Jay has been a lodestone around our neck from the beginning.  Alas, it will soon be gone.

That period of football is why we have the adult-centric fan base (which you alluded to earlier) that we do. And it occurred because USF football was a quality product despite not having an OCS. Students don’t and won’t care about OCS traditions for a perennially losing team. See MBB and the YC. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

In answer to the OP's suggestion of funding NIL instead of the stadium, that's a no go.  This is the same argument that academics and social services put forth suggesting $340 million could be better spent on other things to better benefit the university.  The $340 m would not exist if an OCS was not on the table.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

If UCF and us switched hires and stadium situations entirely, both programs would be in entirely different situations now

More reflects probable theoretical happenings ....

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

3 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

In answer to the OP's suggestion of funding NIL instead of the stadium, that's a no go.  This is the same argument that academics and social services put forth suggesting $340 million could be better spent on other things to better benefit the university.  The $340 m would not exist if an OCS was not on the table.

Exactly! OCS is a major need to help USF get out of the mess they have been in since they decided it was best to fire Leavitt. I would rather pay tons of money at the OCS than at RJS. Eventually USF will figure out the winning on their field part but it will be the OCS that will help build this program higher than Leavitt ever did imo.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,730
  • Days Won:  425

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

I appreciate all the logic and common sense that's been inserted but this is one of those expected threads following a game like last night. This board has a valued role as a cathartic harbor ....

1 hour ago, Sellular1 said:

Thanks Trip, I’m glad you could  see the venting and frustration when seems like others have their literal glasses on.   

I have wised up as I age  ..... until a certain Administrator starts pushing buttons.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

22 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Exactly! OCS is a major need to help USF get out of the mess they have been in since they decided it was best to fire Leavitt. I would rather pay tons of money at the OCS than at RJS. Eventually USF will figure out the winning on their field part but it will be the OCS that will help build this program higher than Leavitt ever did imo.

Would watching fau the underdog dropping 56 points at homecoming be more exciting if it was in the ocs?  

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

Build the OCS. Period. 

Should have been done a decade ago. 

Waiting another decade will only be worse. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

20 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Would watching fau the underdog dropping 56 points at homecoming be more exciting if it was in the ocs?  

I don't think we will be scheduling them as homecoming ever again if that helps.