• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Postgame presser

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

Elephant in the room.

I do not think we have the roster needed to sustainably compete. 

There I said it. 

I'm sure they work hard. I'm sure they care. Whether it's psychological or physical or both, they're not capable of the task at hand. A bowl? Sure. Sustained great performance? No.

I think Golesh knows it and at the clip he is recruiting I see results there I like and am willing to let those guys hit the field before judging.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,401
  • Days Won:  10

Have a good night, bull brother!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

They held Bama to under 50. Should be able to hold a team that averages 20 to under 50. I don't have the answer but obviously neither does the guy getting paid millions.

Apparently Bama didn't care to watch the wku tape or they "benched" their qb and hid the playroom. They were surprised and just ran up the middle to close it out. I'm hoping we see adjustments,  freshmen players getting time with more talent yet less experience, and get back to knocking guys around on defense again. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

10 hours ago, hm101 said:

Elephant in the room.

There I said it. 

I'm sure they work hard. I'm sure they care. Whether it's psychological or physical or both, they're not capable of the task at hand. A bowl? Sure. Sustained great performance? No.

I think Golesh knows it and at the clip he is recruiting I see results there I like and am willing to let those guys hit the field before judging.

Been thinking kinda the same thing and like your use of "sustainably compete". The 8 or 9 DC's we've had in the last 4 years cannot have been this bad. I think we're going to need a couple of recruiting cycles to fully assess ..... and yes, the portal should help, but at our level it's not like free agency at the professional level. It's more like an expansion draft.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,983
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, SquishaBull said:

I agree with this as well. But CAG says specifically that the “process” must be perfected in order to win. But sometimes a well executed game plan will trump process. And obviously, the more we play and put our weaknesses on tape, the more our defense will get exploited and our offense will get stuffed. I agree there are a lot of issues that need addressing. This team isn’t an easy fix, especially as injuries pile up. Lastly, I’ll say we play better with a chip on our shoulders. Maybe we are trying to be underdogs the rest of the season so we are inspired to fight. 

Well said.  I was thinking this last night and you summed up my thoughts pretty well.  

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

12 hours ago, hm101 said:

Elephant in the room.

There I said it. 

Yes the roster is bad but not bad enough to get your poop pushed in by UAB and FAU with first year head coaches.  There are a lot of P5 transfers on this roster.  Did we strike out on all of them?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,983
  • Days Won:  2

On the radio Sam has said a few times that our defense is out of position or taking the wrong angle.  He can speak to the linebacker play and provide good insight on that.  He has voiced constructive criticism about our LBs and the defensive leadership.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,806
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/14/2023 at 7:34 PM, Sellular1 said:

“You don’t win on Saturday”….. he got that right 

So what in the H Double EE hockey sticks are they doing during the week? Is he being their buddy or a coach?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

On 10/15/2023 at 9:18 AM, Triple B said:

Been thinking kinda the same thing and like your use of "sustainably compete". The 8 or 9 DC's we've had in the last 4 years cannot have been this bad. I think we're going to need a couple of recruiting cycles to fully assess ..... and yes, the portal should help, but at our level it's not like free agency at the professional level. It's more like an expansion draft.

Can't they though?  Have many of them had much success otherwise?    Definitely could be a recruiting issue.  Just don't understand how we can  look so slow on both sides of the ball.   The expansion draft analogy is a good one

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,806
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/15/2023 at 10:41 AM, El_Toro_86 said:

Yes the roster is bad but not bad enough to get your poop pushed in by UAB and FAU with first year head coaches.  There are a lot of P5 transfers on this roster.  Did we strike out on all of them?

Its not. Coaching and schematics are bad, ANy good coach knows if you dont have what you need you change to what you got