• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

One good thing that CJS/Staff did ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

I think Scott was a solid recruiter. Not only looking at players still with the team, but also players that are now in Power 5 putting up big numbers.

There is no doubt that the last 3 weeks have reinforced my belief that it was not the talent, or the recruiting, but the coaching.

Either way it looks that we have a great coach now that can get us back to relevancy.

Wish Scott the best going forward.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

14 minutes ago, Triple B said:

... at least up to this point, is leaving CAG and gang some nice tools to work with. A misconception I heard again on Saturday's broadcast was how the team was rebuilt with Transfers, and that's just does not appear to be the case. The most improved side of the ball breaks down like this:

Total Tackles - 12 of the top 15, leftovers

Tackles For Loss - Top 7, leftovers

Sacks - 9 of the top 10, leftovers

Pretty apparent that coaching has been more than instrumental in getting us to a lot better place than where we've been for awhile.

Offense breaks down similarly but really there's only one thing to be looked at over there. Although it's obviously early, the most appetizing leftover of all could turn out to be something really, really special .... and possibly really needed at this point in time.

Bottom line, although CJS may have been the worst head coach ever in college football (even though a certain podcaster doesn't even think he's the worst head coach in our history), some good things have come out of those abysmal almost 3 years ....

I think the main problem was at the DT/NT position. Now that we have size and dudes that command double teams, it gives the DEs, LBs and secondary a better chance to make plays. Also CJS simply played the wrong guys in my eyes. Jaquez Williams has been playing well. He couldnt of been that bad last year that you had to played Darien Grant at DT. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

5 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I think the main problem was at the DT/NT position. Now that we have size and dudes that command double teams, it gives the DEs, LBs and secondary a better chance to make plays. Also CJS simply played the wrong guys in my eyes. Jaquez Williams has been playing well. He couldnt of been that bad last year that you had to played Darien Grant at DT. 

Key point that I didn't really account for. How many of those guys playing a lot this year, clogging that middle but not showing up in the stats, are Transfers?

Edited by Triple B

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,701
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

... at least up to this point, is leaving CAG and gang some nice tools to work with. A misconception I heard again on Saturday's broadcast was how the team was rebuilt with Transfers, and that's just does not appear to be the case. The most improved side of the ball breaks down like this:

Total Tackles - 12 of the top 15, leftovers

Tackles For Loss - Top 7, leftovers

Sacks - 9 of the top 10, leftovers

Pretty apparent that coaching has been more than instrumental in getting us to a lot better place than where we've been for awhile.

Offense breaks down similarly but really there's only one thing to be looked at over there. Although it's obviously early, the most appetizing leftover of all could turn out to be something really, really special .... and possibly really needed at this point in time.

Bottom line, although CJS may have been the worst head coach ever in college football (even though a certain podcaster doesn't even think he's the worst head coach in our history), some good things have come out of those abysmal almost 3 years ....

If CJS hired a good Defensive Coordinator he would still be here probably looking at a 4-1 record. Offense wasnt the issue. Shame on him. His decisions cost him his job as it should. He will get another shot one day if he chooses and I wish him luck. 

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

CJS had the USF offense doing decent. It was the defense that cost him the job 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Super weird; I really bought into that whole we didn’t have the proper facilities and investment necessary to bring in the kind of dudes necessary to compete at the AAC level thing. I really don’t know who I can trust anymore now that we all know that is a lie and we lost every bit as much talent as we brought in. It’s got to be the IPF that’s making an immediate impact…

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

I can admit CJS' recruiting is better than his coaching.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  536
  • Days Won:  0

Calls a lot into question how some of the guys with no action are showing extremely valuable on defense and it just goes to show you. Coaching brings out best in players and can make immediate impact.

• Upvote 2