• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Early line

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, NinjaPenguin777 said:

I dont have a problem with Golesh going for it on 4th and short. What I hate is when he put the offense into the power running formation. It rarely works. We're a spread option team. Why not just run a RPO and let BB decide where to go with the ball. Teams know exactly what we're doing when we line up in the power formation and we're arent the Eagles.

Because you turn a 1 yard to go into a 6 or 7 yards to go play.  He sent a message that he believes his team can get a yard AND that they can overcome it if you don't get tit.  You want an aggressive play to win coach or your don't.  Can't have it both ways.  He's already won 3 games and has created a buzz.  We may not run the table, but we're going to win a few more games barring a unfortunate injury.  Golesh is playing with house money at this point so I hope he continues to be aggressive which means doing things that might make the meek cringe at times.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  268
  • Days Won:  1

don't sleep on UAB ---- lousy record but played some pretty tough teams 

image.thumb.png.cd480aabec56a0e8206a3a5ad9031fa6.png

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

Not sleeping Dude and Dude Abides 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

I didn't realize UL and GASO are good teams. Georgia yes and Tulane maybe yes but they are the defending aac Champs until they arent.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,355
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, USFDude said:

don't sleep on UAB ---- lousy record but played some pretty tough teams 

image.thumb.png.cd480aabec56a0e8206a3a5ad9031fa6.png

While I’ve always been taught to respect your opponent there is very little shake -in - the boots here. We win .

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

6 hours ago, olafberserker said:

Because you turn a 1 yard to go into a 6 or 7 yards to go play.  He sent a message that he believes his team can get a yard AND that they can overcome it if you don't get tit.  You want an aggressive play to win coach or your don't.  Can't have it both ways.  He's already won 3 games and has created a buzz.  We may not run the table, but we're going to win a few more games barring a unfortunate injury.  Golesh is playing with house money at this point so I hope he continues to be aggressive which means doing things that might make the meek cringe at times.

There is being aggressive and then there is, IMO, being reckless. You were coming off a turnover and giving up a TD.  As someone pointed out if you are at your 40 or midfield? Then, sure, have at it.  

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

17 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

UAB has the 116th ranked defense....I could see a high scoring game.

Will come down to playing a clean game we won't win turning ball over 3 times this game.

or going for it on 4th from our own 30. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

17 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

UAB has the 116th ranked defense....I could see a high scoring game.

Will come down to playing a clean game we won't win turning ball over 3 times this game.

1 minute ago, flsportsfan83 said:

or going for it on 4th from our own 30. 

We just did ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

8 hours ago, olafberserker said:

he may be playing with house money, that being said at this point this team has a shot at playing for a league title. A risk like that in one game could dash those hopes. I'm all for going for it on 4th down from near midfield or better. He has had more than 1 of these risks backfire this year. At some point if we keep playing with fire it is going to burn us.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I didn't realize UL and GASO are good teams. Georgia yes and Tulane maybe yes but they are the defending aac Champs until they arent.

GASO is a solid team, likely somewhere in the top 50.  It's pretty simple though. If we don't beat a team like UAB on the road, we haven't quite turned the corner. If we can win and look good doing it the next three games, it sets up a VERY intriguing matchup again Memphis.