• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hype Train Pulse: Your Take?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

We're not winning out. There will be hiccups in the process but hopefully building a foundation ...

"The right way"

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

The story for this year is our D, yes we gave up a **** ton of yards thru the air but we have been able to stop the run, play hard, bring the wood, play with energy, and control the line of scrimmage. We went from the worst D in our history by a large margin to respectable from one season to the next. This transformation makes every game left on the schedule winnable, we are going bowling!

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

I think every game is winnable if we play like the team did in the second half. Realistically that is not going to happen, but if the players believe in themselves and Golesh they could be in the fight to win every game left on the schedule.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

26 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

The story for this year is our D, yes we gave up a **** ton of yards thru the air but we have been able to stop the run, play hard, bring the wood, play with energy, and control the line of scrimmage. We went from the worst D in our history by a large margin to respectable from one season to the next. This transformation makes every game left on the schedule winnable, we are going bowling!

What a difference a competent coaching staff makes. I am not even sure how I would rate them this early, but it is definitely a huge upgrade. They did something the other guys could not do make halftime adjustments and fight your way back for a win. 

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

They beat an FCS team and a CUSA team. Bama game was impressive, but lets not go crazy.

So I hate to break it to you but we're basically in a glorified CUSA conference so that's just about the level of competition for the rest of the season...

10 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

What a difference a competent coaching staff makes. I am not even sure how I would rate them this early, but it is definitely a huge upgrade. They did something the other guys could not do make halftime adjustments and fight your way back for a win. 

It's odd for me to say as it's been a while but I'm excited to see where the coaching staff ends up ranking statistically and objectively come the end of the season. 

Another thing to mention is that plays per game and speed per play call. I was doubtful on it's actual value but boy was I wrong. That fast tempo offense not allowing subs for rice yesterday really showed it's benefits. I think rice was flagged for illegal substitutions bc they couldn't get guys on and off the field fast enough. I thought that was very cool.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

I'm torn because I like to see the improvement and lately we haven't been able to beat ANY fbs program so that is definitely exciting. At the same time, when I went to USF, we would schedule maybe one school on the level of our conference mates every year as a tune up game, so it's hard to get too excited for a win against a team that in my mind should be a tune up game. They are all now tune up games, but the question is what are we tuning up towards? I guess next year, it will be for a hopeful playoff run. 

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, Bullcocky said:

I'm torn because I like to see the improvement and lately we haven't been able to beat ANY fbs program so that is definitely exciting. At the same time, when I went to USF, we would schedule maybe one school on the level of our conference mates every year as a tune up game, so it's hard to get too excited for a win against a team that in my mind should be a tune up game. They are all now tune up games, but the question is what are we tuning up towards? I guess next year, it will be for a hopeful playoff run. 

Spongebob Squarepants I Give Up GIF

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

I think we have the right coach and he's getting the team turned in the right direction.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

3 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Blog: All Aboard The Hype Train – Back To The Picture

Early indicators are that the hype train is building up steam...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

30 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Early indicators are that the hype train is building up steam...

Poorly recorded audio turns transcribers into a raging bull - Fingertips  Typing