• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894
  • Days Won:  0

WRONG.

The Big East has 4 bowl tie-ins and had 4 bowl eligible teams (WVU, Louisville, Rutgers, & USF).

I think what he was implying was that in the future, if there were more than 4 bowl eligible BE teams, we could get shutout (as we could have this year if UConn was eligible) because of poor ticket sales to the MCCB

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

The low ticket sales can also be attributed that many Bulls fans already have plans for the holidays, and did not think that the Bulls would be going to a bowl this year.  The Bulls were picked next to last in the Big East this year.  Hopefully, however, going to a bowl game will become a tradition that Bull fans can plan for every year.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618

thanks to the Big Dog, my friend who was being lazy about wanting to go finally snapped out of it and committed, change my number to 4 bulliever!!!!!! see you in charlotte!!!!

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

How many tix did the BIG DOG buy?  That's what I thought!

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

If the Big Dog got your friend to buy tickets then I have to give Duemig some props for using his air time to help USF sell more tickets. I thank Duemig for his help. Go Bulls!!!

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618

My friend always listens to sports radio, and he's a huge Bulls fan like myself. He just had a lot of things going on in his life and was kinda undecided about going. When he heard Duemig saying that there was no reason for you to not support your Bulls, it kinda lit a fire under his ass. So, like i said, mark me down for 4!!!

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

I think the alumni REALLY need to step up here. A lot of pressure is being put on students to buy the tickets and make the trip, but the bottom line is that most cant afford it.

Alumni are the ones that drive the athletics of the big universities, and the ones that fill the seats at bowl games. It's ime for our alumni to step up.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Forgot to add that people like me - fans that were never students - should not be depended on to buy up all the bowl tickets. Granted, more should....but we shouldnt be depended on, like it seems that we are.

Tampa is a VERY bandwagon city, the casual fan, no matter how much you try to bribe and convince them, is not going to change New Years plans and sacrifice Christmas money to make the trip. It's just not going to happen.

Add that to my previous reply. ^^^

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

i bought my game tickets and ordering my comm ticket