• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We're on the right track

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

10 minutes ago, Bullcocky said:

Guys, I admit that I am usually a very negative person on here. I got catharsis from making fun of this program during the rough years because it was a bit of a comedy act. However, I saw something in this team that I haven't seen in years. This team plays hard, and I can give them nothing but props for that. They have half of what it takes to be successful.  I think that if we can get an influx of talent to match the effort, the sky is the limit. Ive always believed that USF should never backdown to anyone, no moral victories, and championships should be the standard. It's nice to have a coach who reflects those ideas. I'm bought in. Go Bulls!

I’m right there with you.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Was really impressed with the defense.  I appreciate CAG’s enthusiasm going for it on 4th down but some were kinds questionable and predictable plays

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

51 minutes ago, Bullcocky said:

Guys, I admit that I am usually a very negative person on here. I got catharsis from making fun of this program during the rough years because it was a bit of a comedy act. However, I saw something in this team that I haven't seen in years. This team plays hard, and I can give them nothing but props for that. They have half of what it takes to be successful.  I think that if we can get an influx of talent to match the effort, the sky is the limit. Ive always believed that USF should never backdown to anyone, no moral victories, and championships should be the standard. It's nice to have a coach who reflects those ideas. I'm bought in. Go Bulls!

I’ve hated almost everything for 14 years, I hate this less

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

Was really impressed with the defense.  I appreciate CAG’s enthusiasm going for it on 4th down but some were kinds questionable and predictable plays

I have no issues going for it.  I think it's about setting a tone I inside the program that we are going to be aggressive and not just accept losing. 

2/5 on offensive 4th down attempts is disappointing but for what we were up against 3/5 is probably best case.  Severely outmanned and it isn't like Alabama's defensive coaches get out coached more than once every couple years.   With where we were last December I can live with anything besides giving up a defensive score. 

The real question is do we improve and adjust.  And I think the attitude right now is they're not going to just do nothing. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

I am still withholding any judgment.  It seems everything has gone to script so far, except that Bama many not be as good as advertised, at least not yet.  Exactly now is when we will start to find out if it is true "we are on the right track."  Winning in conference routinely will be the real measuring stick of progress.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

I am still withholding any judgment.  It seems everything has gone to script so far, except that Bama many not be as good as advertised, at least not yet.  Exactly now is when we will start to find out if it is true "we are on the right track."  Winning in conference routinely will be the real measuring stick of progress.

Winning this conference consistently sounds like a fate worse than death

Bill Murray Well Its Groundhog Day Again GIF

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Winning this conference consistently sounds like a fate worse than death

Bill Murray Well Its Groundhog Day Again GIF

Yet we've never done it. We should absolutely start to steamroll this conference. No more excuses. Need to win championships to get us out and break the cycle of suck. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bull Nut said:

Yet we've never done it. We should absolutely start to steamroll this conference. No more excuses. Need to win championships to get us out and break the cycle of suck. 

I mean I’m not opposed to winning, just thinking out loud that right now we can pretend that’s holding us back but if we win championship after championship here that’s just not going to work for me. Get out that’s all I care about. Don’t care how, I want it now.

• Upvote 1