• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I am worried about the QB position

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

What concerns me is we have a lack of WR talent able to run routes and get separation that also struggle with drops yet we keep trying deep shots. I expect to see more short and medium routes when we start conference play. The offensive line and suspect and Brown is taking a beating back there. I don't understand why we don't use more motion before the play to create misdirection mismatches and try rolling Brown out of the pocket more. We only had two create calls yesterday the fake handout to screen and the 4th and short call. I thought Golesh would have more creative calls and designs in his offense. Maybe he was going for the kill shot with the deep ball yesterday because if our receivers could run better routes and our qb had a little more accuracy we had a few deep balls available. The interception was a bad pass. I think Brown could be a lot more successful if we start using quick short to medium routes such as slant, screens, and curls.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

10 hours ago, smazza said:

brown has basic flaws

Let he without flaws sling the first rock.  

Next!

10 hours ago, smazza said:

this year is a lost year

Dude.  Week 3.  Come on.  In L.A. parlance, you’re ruining the movie.  

5 hours ago, Triple B said:

And ......???

Look at it?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Outlaw said:

What concerns me is we have a lack of WR talent able to run routes and get separation that also struggle with drops yet we keep trying deep shots. I expect to see more short and medium routes when we start conference play. The offensive line and suspect and Brown is taking a beating back there. I don't understand why we don't use more motion before the play to create misdirection mismatches and try rolling Brown out of the pocket more. We only had two create calls yesterday the fake handout to screen and the 4th and short call. I thought Golesh would have more creative calls and designs in his offense. Maybe he was going for the kill shot with the deep ball yesterday because if our receivers could run better routes and our qb had a little more accuracy we had a few deep balls available. The interception was a bad pass. I think Brown could be a lot more successful if we start using quick short to medium routes such as slant, screens, and curls.

Agree with this all.  That is most frustrating I understand we might lack some older playmakers at receiver doesn't mean we can't get creative.  All I can hope for is now that conference play starts they will be more creative otherwise this is not a fun offense to watch.  Coaches on offense need to step up like the defensive coaches have. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

I am still holding out hope that we will see Gerry…maybe goach is resting him in light of the injury and maybe we will see him soon!

Based on what I’ve seen, we still have a competition.  

But Goach loves BB.  He’s a tough-ass dude. I’ll leave this one in Coach Go’s hands.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

16 hours ago, Mister Armstrong said:

Please name the 5 qb's that could have gotten a win today behind that offensive line play.

Off the bat, Flowers, Grothe, and Daniels get us this win. 

I didn't watch before 2006, so pick one of the better ones before then, and I'll concede that maybe 3-4 former QBs get us the win today

Not to be a Debbie Downer here, but I’m not sure that anybody could’ve got a win because we didn’t have any plays where a receiver really mattered.  We are very weak in the receiver room. That’s a fact although it might hurt some folks.  I think Matt would’ve looked a lot like Byrum mode and running his ass off same with Quinton - just running to protect their own health.

• Upvote 2

Speaking of once again, people have already asked us, but where are our tight ends?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Not to be a Debbie Downer here, but I’m not sure that anybody could’ve got a win because we didn’t have any plays where a receiver really mattered.  We are very weak in the receiver room. That’s a fact although it might hurt some folks.  I think Matt would’ve looked a lot like Byrum mode and running his ass off same with Quinton - just running for their own health.

Yeah I am not sold on this group of receivers are best one is a former walk on player.  Might not be till next year we see them start to look decent. 

We need to build this offense around our RB group and run the ball more in as creative ways as possible and then hit some play action and short/intermediate routes.  The long bomb isn't working. 

• Like 1