• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WKU Postgame Presser

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

9 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

He definitely seems like a hard worker and gives 100%. I was upset after the game, but after calming down I feel better about things. Losing sucks, but I can actually see improvements.

I think once they go back and look at the tape, there a ton of positives to take into account.  Was surprised by the defense for example.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

Don’t want to bother listening but does he acknowledge the crowd? We showed up better than I expected.

Disagree. I was there and 80% wouldn’t get up to cheer even on 3rd down. Away crowds are normally way better. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

On 9/3/2023 at 11:25 PM, BullsWinBucsWin said:

Not sure how anyone could find fault in that presser.

And take a look at him in today's presser.  I see about 3 hours of sleep.

He's working hard, not going to the beach.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

On 9/4/2023 at 1:01 PM, jjlovecub said:

Disagree. I was there and 80% wouldn’t get up to cheer even on 3rd down. Away crowds are normally way better. 

Some don't have to stand up to be heard. And some don't feel the need to be seen.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

On 9/4/2023 at 1:01 PM, jjlovecub said:

Once the mo started going away from us people cooled down.  Also they were literally cooling down in the shade way in the back.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641

1 hour ago, Brad said:

And take a look at him in today's presser.  I see about 3 hours of sleep.

He's working hard, not going to the beach.

He has to out work the other coaches to be a good one. Only time will tell. I like he calls a spade a spade. We have to get better to win. There was some good and bad things to work on. I will give them to 6 games to see if he had the program  moving in the right direction or not.

Good- The defense covered and tackled better. The offense started out strong but fell apart moving too fast. We got several 3 and outs and our defense couldn't stop them. Bb can run better than expected. 

Bad- pocket protection  was bad. Qb had to make better reads and throws. We need the receivers  to get open and run better routes.  We need better pass protection the pocket was so small. We ran a simple offense with lots of runs up the middle because I feel the team isn't ready for the full GO GO GO offense.

We arent going to win many games if the oline, qb play,wr play, qnd pads rush doesn't improve.

The pass rush is still non-existent. 

I liked Golesh's message. We got to work harder and get better. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I will give them to 6 games to see if he had the program  moving in the right direction or not.

Awfully kind of you. 

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Good- The defense covered and tackled better. The offense started out strong but fell apart moving too fast. We got several 3 and outs and our defense couldn't stop them. Bb can run better than expected. 

Bad- pocket protection  was bad. Qb had to make better reads and throws. We need the receivers  to get open and run better routes.  We need better pass protection the pocket was so small. We ran a simple offense with lots of runs up the middle because I feel the team isn't ready for the full GO GO GO offense.

We arent going to win many games if the oline, qb play,wr play, qnd pads rush doesn't improve.

I think a lot of this, the shortcomings, were obvious to most and certainly to our coaches.  It will be interesting to see how much improvement we see against a weaker team and then a far stronger team.

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

37 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

He has to out work the other coaches to be a good one. Only time will tell. I like he calls a spade a spade. We have to get better to win. There was some good and bad things to work on. I will give them to 6 games to see if he had the program  moving in the right direction or not.

The pass rush is still non-existent. 

I liked Golesh's message. We got to work harder and get better. 

You bring up something interesting when you mentioned the pocket being small. I'm not all that knowledgeable so I'm curious. It seemed to me that on many pass plays the QB didn't drop back and just stayed where he took the snap. Was I imagining that? Is that a normal thing? Something new to this offense?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641

13 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

You bring up something interesting when you mentioned the pocket being small. I'm not all that knowledgeable so I'm curious. It seemed to me that on many pass plays the QB didn't drop back and just stayed where he took the snap. Was I imagining that? Is that a normal thing? Something new to this offense?

It all depends on the offensive scheme and play calls. I am not sure  yet. It could be by design to keep it simple or it could the offensive line wasn't good enough at pass protection. It could be a little of both. 

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Some don't have to stand up to be heard. And some don't feel the need to be seen.

I don’t think anybody standing and cheer was doing so so that they would be heard or seen by others. It is about making noise to disrupt what is going on when the other team has the ball especially when they are right by us.

several people commented how laid-back this away crowd was. No judgment they were there supporting the team, but we have definitely had way better away crowds from a cheering standpoint.