• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

33 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Hickman added 60#'s in the offseason. He said that when he talked to Golesh that he said he had a plan on how to use him. Is it realistic to think that he can play at that weight? I mean that's a LOT to add in 6 months.

Supposedly, he gained maybe 15-20 Ibs of bad weight after the season was over. But got in a good workout regiment and most of the 60Ibs ended up turning into added muscle. As long as he did his squats and kept his speed, he should be ok. If it was the other way around he might have lost some strength. We need strength on that line.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

4 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Nonsense depth chart

They’re not required to keep you updated on depth chart. It’s to their advantage not to release depth chart. 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

What if Israel Carter is Golesh’s starter. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

51 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Supposedly, he gained maybe 15-20 Ibs of bad weight after the season was over. But got in a good workout regiment and most of the 60Ibs ended up turning into added muscle. As long as he did his squats and kept his speed, he should be ok. If it was the other way around he might have lost some strength. We need strength on that line.

Well, he did say that he squatted something like 100#'s more than when he was at ECU, three times. Said his old team mates didn't believe him so a coach videoed it. I would be shocked if he maintained the same speed he had as a DE.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

41 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

They’re not required to keep you updated on depth chart. It’s to their advantage not to release depth chart. 

You are right they are not obligated to keep the fans updated and I personally don't care, but I'm not sure how much of an advantage they really get by not releasing it or releasing what is essentially nonsense

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

36 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Well, he did say that he squatted something like 100#'s more than when he was at ECU, three times. Said his old team mates didn't believe him so a coach videoed it. I would be shocked if he maintained the same speed he had as a DE.

He his squat max increased then his speed at least in short bursts has remained the same or improved. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647

Yep once kickoff happens  releasing or not releasing  a depth chart means nothing. I wonder if goach if bringing a locker room dj to have the guys party and dance before the game or is he going to take a serious approach to pregame?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He his squat max increased then his speed at least in short bursts has remained the same or improved. 

A hundred is a huge jump in an offseason. I am sure he slowed down some with the weight gain but should be much stronger. His size seems perfect for the 1dt,1nt, and bigger   defensive end  size required for 3 4 4 or  3 3 5.

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

2 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Funny. Then why release a depth chart?

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Hopefully he helps the opposing team take a visit to pancake city!