• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pretty significant move

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

10 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

It's good to see the USF Doomerism is still strong going into the season.

Brad has valid concerns about who are going to be the playmakers on offense. We are relying on returning guys, aside from Atkins, who really didn't contribute much last season and were down the depth chart, and newcomers that, while talented on paper, are still unknown to us. I think having concerns about where the USF offense is going to come from is legitimate and reasonable. It certainly doesn't come across as doomerism. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

11 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Brad has valid concerns about who are going to be the playmakers on offense. We are relying on returning guys, aside from Atkins, who really didn't contribute much last season and were down the depth chart, and newcomers that, while talented on paper, are still unknown to us. I think having concerns about where the USF offense is going to come from is legitimate and reasonable. It certainly doesn't come across as doomerism. 

Yeah who our playmakers will be especially at receiver is a concern its all so wide open, we really have no idea what our starting  2 deep is for this position.

We have talent at that position its just not been proven at this time.  Also CAG mentioned getting back some receivers they seem to be either sort of injury prone our the secondary is hitting hard and that be a great thing if that is the case.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

18 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Yeah who our playmakers will be especially at receiver is a concern its all so wide open, we really have no idea what our starting  2 deep is for this position.

We have talent at that position its just not been proven at this time.  Also CAG mentioned getting back some receivers they seem to be either sort of injury prone our the secondary is hitting hard and that be a great thing if that is the case.

It's my biggest concern as well. In today's game you must have a legitimate #1 WR. I have challenged some of those who have been viewed as homers to tell me who the true #1 is on this roster, and no one could to date. Is it a more measured and reasonable approach to be concerned as to where the offense is going to come from or to be blindly convinced that the offense will be just fine, despite no real evidence to back it up (aside from CAG's track record)? I am cautiously hopeful that someone emerges. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

First game....I have plenty of patience.  

Agree regarding the WR corps.  We also lost a top back in the nation.  Add to that this will be first time we're running a 100mph offense.  

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,361
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Brad said:

That Over/Under of 70.5 seems crazy high to me....

I kind of agree with you.  My guess this is a reflection of the pseudo "air raid" high power offense of WKU and the fact that we at least want to be fast with our offense.   WKU averaged 75 plays per game and Tennessee was 73.8.   Lots of plays = lots of points?  In theory anyway

Agreed, I thought the same thing.  A lot of series.  But the "doomer" in me, 😂, was questioning how many of our series end with points. 

Also, I loved running DHO offense, but I also knew how to defend against it.  You have to know that so you know how they are going to try to stop you.  So...I'm hoping our defense is dialed in on the Air Raid.

The MGM line for Over 4.5 wins was +120 about a week or so ago, it is now +100

Under adjusted from -140 to -120

Parks And Recreation GIF by Stan.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/college-football/public-betting-trends/

89% of ATS bets for this game have been placed on USF, 94% of the money. If that doesn’t change the line will keep coming down.

WKU is basically replacing everyone on defense, most their oline, and their offensive playcaller who led this system the past few years. Not to mention under Helton they have had rough week 1’s every year.

I think this is more about them than us.

Edited by bulloni

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, Rizman said:

Don't forget, WKU has no film on USF to watch to prepare for this new offense.  

As a fan, there is no USF film from the last 3 years that I want to watch, so both WKU and the USF fan base are all in the same wait and see boat:roflmao:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Agreed, I thought the same thing.  A lot of series.  But the "doomer" in me, 😂, was questioning how many of our series end with points. 

Also, I loved running DHO offense, but I also knew how to defend against it.  You have to know that so you know how they are going to try to stop you.  So...I'm hoping our defense is dialed in on the Air Raid.

Even if they are, though, if our offense is going 3 and outs, using up a minute of clock, the D is going to get flat wore out ..... Obviously the offense should get more proficient with more experience but I am definitely in doom mode for this first game.