• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I never want to hear again what great connections MK has

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

As long as the playoffs has a slot for the highest ranked G5 we still have the same path. Im not crying about a P5. We gotta focus on winning games and winning our conference title period. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

34 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

As long as the playoffs has a slot for the highest ranked G5 we still have the same path. Im not crying about a P5. We gotta focus on winning games and winning our conference title period. 

Can't compete with the big boys that are bringing in 20 x's the revenue you are.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

6 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Can't compete with the big boys that are bringing in 20 x's the revenue you are.

nobody in the bottom half of the top 4 conferences can compete either.

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

very likely true, however they have a much better shot (although slim) than anyone outside of those conferences. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Yet, many of these bottom half teams in the top 4 conferences are getting the same amount of money as the top half. And THAT suggests to me that competitiveness isn't JUST about money. Or at least, hasn't always been. Now with NIL, this might change - in effect, CFB could morph into pro football without a salary cap (unless something is done). 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  1

So much is still up in the air right now and there are so many unsubstantiated rumors floating around. Everything still hinges on FSU. If they end up leaving the ACC, then that is great news for USF. All we need to concentrate on is winning in men's basketball and football. The new OCS, facility upgrades, AAU membership, large alumni base, top 13 TV market, and tropical paradise of a location will take care of the rest. VPMK is working it and there is a lot going on right now that hasn't been released. Take a deep breath everyone! We will weather this storm!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Yet, many of these bottom half teams in the top 4 conferences are getting the same amount of money as the top half. And THAT suggests to me that competitiveness isn't JUST about money. Or at least, hasn't always been. Now with NIL, this might change - in effect, CFB could morph into pro football without a salary cap (unless something is done). 

in reality they don't get anywhere near the same. Texas' revenues and budget will dwarf vandy's even if their conference payouts are the same.

9 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

very likely true, however they have a much better shot (although slim) than anyone outside of those conferences. 

I disagree. I think some of the top teams in G5 have a better shot (especially if they get playoff invite)than say Vandy, rutgers and many other bottom dwellers.

I still think it's easier to recruit here than those mentioned above regardless of how much the conferences pay out.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

9 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

At a certain point you just have to stop with the wishful pie in the sky thinking.  It ain't happening folks.  USF is what they are.  A mid major mid level AAC program that will always be a second tier program.  

Stop the pie in the sky thinking that MK is working some type of magic behind the scenes to get USF in the ACC, B12, B10 or SEC.  USF has no value to any of these conferences.

Not happening.  Not now, not ever.  What do you have to see to start accepting this???

The irony is he whiffed on the biggest hire and single handily destroyed any chance we had to move up.  The CJS hire will be a case study that will be studied for years on how to hire the most incompetent person to lead your most important sport.  He was responsible for selecting the worst coach in CFB history and for this alone should have been the end of his tenure.
 However I do agree with most others on the board, we are going nowhere but some still like to dream.  I personally find some of the optimism on this subject nauseating and ignorant but I have decided to ignore the discussion versus trying to talk sense into them, what’s the point, let them do them.  Soon we will kick off and will have something else to discuss.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

5 minutes ago, Friscobull said:
9 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

At a certain point you just have to stop with the wishful pie in the sky thinking.  It ain't happening folks.  USF is what they are.  A mid major mid level AAC program that will always be a second tier program.  

Stop the pie in the sky thinking that MK is working some type of magic behind the scenes to get USF in the ACC, B12, B10 or SEC.  USF has no value to any of these conferences.

Not happening.  Not now, not ever.  What do you have to see to start accepting this???

The irony is he whiffed on the biggest hire and single handily destroyed any chance we had to move up.  The CJS hire will be a case study that will be studied for years on how to hire the most incompetent person to lead your most important sport.  He was responsible for selecting the worst coach in CFB history and for this alone should have been the end of his tenure.
 However I do agree with most others on the board, we are going nowhere but some still like to dream.  I personally find some of the optimism on this subject nauseating and ignorant but I have decided to ignore the discussion versus trying to talk sense into them, what’s the point, let them do them.  Soon we will kick off and will have something else to discuss.

I believe in letting everyone cling to whatever gets them through the night.  However, a lot of the speculation on the next great sports move for USF and the shiny object proposal of the OCS calls to my mind the delusions and distractions of a bygone era.  Hopefully our university leadership won't ultimately be judged by history as fiddling around while our future was burning.

Roman Forum Night GIF by Earth Hour