• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I never want to hear again what great connections MK has

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

53 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I think it makes sense for the big-boy teams to leave a sliver of hope for the G5 teams to get a playoff spot or two...otherwise the masses lose all hope and interest in college football.  It's kind of like the hunger games.  Give us hope and a chance, and we keep watching.  Lock us out, and they lose viewership.

Disagree, MOST G5 grads are fans of P4 schools and most of those are fans of the P4 school over their own school. The reason I say that is typically G5’s don’t play meaningful games, and G5 students failed to g at into their P4 school and it’s their backup plan/education only school. We here are USF fans first and foremost, but our small percentage won’t make the P4’s flinch; they would rather have the control of only their own winning rather than some small school pulling an upset. They are literally out for themselves as evidenced by the Big East and PAC 12 deaths. G5 games aren’t even televised on main stream channels anymore. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, michibull said:

Disagree, MOST G5 grads are fans of P4 schools and most of those are fans of the P4 school over their own school. The reason I say that is typically G5’s don’t play meaningful games, and G5 students failed to g at into their P4 school and it’s their backup plan/education only school. We here are USF fans first and foremost, but our small percentage won’t make the P4’s flinch; they would rather have the control of only their own winning rather than some small school pulling an upset. They are literally out for themselves as evidenced by the Big East and PAC 12 deaths. G5 games aren’t even televised on main stream channels anymore. 

PLENTY of G5 games on TV and what are you talking about? People will always root for their schools and want to see their schools do well. They may have a favorite Power 4 team, but they not ignoring the team of the school they went to. Most CFB fans like a team from an area they grew up in or went to school. Take the g5 out of the equation and the ratings will drop. 

8 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

PLENTY of G5 games on TV and what are you talking about? People will always root for their schools and want to see their schools do well. They may have a favorite Power 4 team, but they not ignoring the team of the school they went to. Most CFB fans like a team from an area they grew up in or went to school. Take the g5 out of the equation and the ratings will drop. 

Maybe it’s different elsewhere, but EVERYONE up here that went to Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan or Western Michigan watch Mich or MSU over their schools and most root for Mich or MSU over their schools because they were Mich or MSU fans before they went to the directionals. I hear from people I know AND on the sports radio up here; it’s not me exaggerating. Add in people who didn’t go to college and kids and the number of G5 fans shrink to a point that it won’t effect college football ratings. Sure everyone likes to see small schools beat big ones, but if is a G5 team or not in the playoff, it won’t effect the ratings much. 

3 minutes ago, michibull said:

Maybe it’s different elsewhere, but EVERYONE up here that went to Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan or Western Michigan watch Mich or MSU over their schools and most root for Mich or MSU over their schools because they were Mich or MSU fans before they went to the directionals. I hear from people I know AND on the sports radio up here; it’s not me exaggerating. Add in people who didn’t go to college and kids and the number of G5 fans shrink to a point that it won’t effect college football ratings. Sure everyone likes to see small schools beat big ones, but if is a G5 team or not in the playoff, it won’t effect the ratings much. 

Most fans will watch both teams. As a USF fan, if the Power 4 were to stop playing g6 teams I would stop watching CFB altogether. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

24 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I root for the underdogs 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

10 minutes ago, michibull said:

There is a ton of that going on here in FL, too.  For me, USF football is a must-see.  I don't mind the other teams' games, but my heart is not in them at all.  If they form a true "big boy" exclusive league, I will watch USF only.  If the big schools and ESPN want the equivalent of a junior pro league, they can have it.  I already have a pro team, and it's the Bucs.  I have no room for a 3rd team, and I certainly will never buy any gear from any other college other than USF.  I know, this is just me, but I can't be the only one who feels this way.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

I root for the underdogs 

Same here. "Upsets" is one of the best parts of CFB. I remember watching FCS App State beat 5th ranked Michigan and it was awesome. That is why I'm not one to ever say that USF can't beat somebody. Anything can happen 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Most fans will watch both teams. As a USF fan, if the Power 4 were to stop playing g6 teams I would stop watching CFB altogether. 

I guess I would ask if you were watching when it was a 4 team playoff? Nearly the same situation, albeit it was NEARLY impossible for a G5 to get in. Fair enough tho, I do agree with you that it would be a new low for them to shut out the little schools officially. I pretty much just watch USF now anyways, haha. Once I started at USF, all other teams just didn’t appeal to me, it’s been all USF since then. 

7 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

There is a ton of that going on here in FL, too.  For me, USF football is a must-see.  I don't mind the other teams' games, but my heart is not in them at all.  If they form a true "big boy" exclusive league, I will watch USF only.  If the big schools and ESPN want the equivalent of a junior pro league, they can have it.  I already have a pro team, and it's the Bucs.  I have no room for a 3rd team, and I certainly will never buy any gear from any other college other than USF.  I know, this is just me, but I can't be the only one who feels this way.

100%, you pretty much described me, except it’s the Lions and I already don’t watch other college teams, haha. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

And remember kids, when we're talking CREAM of the Crop, 

Cash Rules Everything Around Me  ... dollah, dollah bill, y'all! 

Respectfully, W-TC:smileys-money-702364:

• Upvote 1