• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New WBB commitment

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

On 7/5/2023 at 4:31 PM, CousinRicky said:

That's nice and all. But saw nothing where she created her own shot in that clip. She won't find herself that wide open very often against the better teams in the conference.  A few nice passes. Not saying shot making isn't an asset but there are times you have to create. Think I saw she's 5'10" where Sami is 6'1 and can shoot over some. But welcome to USF Ms Thompson. I trust in Jose's judgment. 

She is a 46% 3pt shooter.......she will be alright lol The job of the point guard is to distribute the ball. She just needs to be ready behind the 3pt line. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

She is a 46% 3pt shooter.......she will be alright lol The job of the point guard is to distribute the ball. She just needs to be ready behind the 3pt line. 

There are times when the shot clock is running down that you need someone to create. Not saying she can't do it, I just didn't see it in the highlights that I saw.

• 7 months later...

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  767
  • Days Won:  2

On 7/5/2023 at 3:31 PM, CousinRicky said:

That's nice and all. But saw nothing where she created her own shot in that clip. She won't find herself that wide open very often against the better teams in the conference.  A few nice passes. Not saying shot making isn't an asset but there are times you have to create. Think I saw she's 5'10" where Sami is 6'1 and can shoot over some. But welcome to USF Ms Thompson. I trust in Jose's judgment. 

Hi CousinRicky, 

I know you did not say that she was not talented; you just said you did not see anything in the clip to suggest that she was. And Dave said she looked like a taller Alvarez. Hence, my saying in the other thread that no one seemed to think that she was talented.

Sorry Amy and family, not to put too much pressure on you, but Amy can create better than anyone on our roster, in my humble opinion. And there is no comparison between Alvarez and Amy.

But again, there should be no high expectations for, or pressure on, Amy. Blasigh's best game this year was the game that Puisis played in. Amy's presence on the floor will elevate everyone else's game. She does not have to do anything but bring the ball up the court. Doing that alone will make everyone else on the floor a dangerous player next year.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Days Won:  12

I trust CJF to get us back to the top of the AAC very soon. He is not going to mess around.

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  767
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, hm101 said:

I trust CJF to get us back to the top of the AAC very soon. He is not going to mess around.

We may see next year's squad have quite a few 100-pt games if Puisis, Levy, Blasigh, and Thompson are on the floor together.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

4 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

But again, there should be no high expectations for, or pressure on, Amy.

On 7/6/2023 at 6:10 PM, panchosanchez99 said:

In summary, I make no exaggeration when I say that, based on her ball handling skills and quickness, she may be the next coming of Caitlin Clark.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

How do you research that stuff?

8 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

It was in this thread and I hadn't read it for so long I went back through it and that kinda popped out considering the news on Clark recently.

Edited by Triple B

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

It was in this thread and I hadn't read it for so long I went back through it and that kinda popped out considering the news on Clark recently.

Never realized this thread started a year ago.

17 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

17 hours ago, Triple B said:

You can also actually research at least a couple of ways:

- Go to Member's profile. Click on "See their activity" and it will bring up all their posts from the beginning, with the most recent first. You can't search within that, I don't think, just have use trial and error if you have an idea when the stuff you may be looking for is.

- Can also use a detailed search by using image.png.7ed99314753f4038c84696e7a02ed71c.png in the upper right hand corner but a lot of moving parts in going that route.