• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New WBB commitment

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,098
  • Days Won:  56

• Like 1

3-point shooter . . . 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

2 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

3-point shooter . . . 

That's nice and all. But saw nothing where she created her own shot in that clip. She won't find herself that wide open very often against the better teams in the conference.  A few nice passes. Not saying shot making isn't an asset but there are times you have to create. Think I saw she's 5'10" where Sami is 6'1 and can shoot over some. But welcome to USF Ms Thompson. I trust in Jose's judgment. 

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

That's nice and all. But saw nothing where she created her own shot in that clip. She won't find herself that wide open very often against the better teams in the conference.  A few nice passes. Not saying shot making isn't an asset but there are times you have to create. Think I saw she's 5'10" where Sami is 6'1 and can shoot over some. But welcome to USF Ms Thompson. I trust in Jose's judgment. 

Maria Alvarez with a little more height?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

5 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Maria Alvarez with a little more height?

Maybe. Hopefully better knees.

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  767
  • Days Won:  2

On 7/5/2023 at 3:31 PM, CousinRicky said:

Woohoo!!! This highlight clip does not do her justice. This is a very awesome pickup! After watching this highlight, I decided to see if I could find a game of hers to watch. After watching just the first half of her 4A quarterfinal game against Lakeville North, I can say that she is good enough to start and produce this year on the Bulls. Here are my observations from that first half:

1. She can dribble equally well with both hands; and is probably a better ball handler than anyone currently on the team. 

2. She is quick.

3. She has Puisis-type range, accuracy, and quick release from deep. However, because of her better ball handling and being quicker than Puisis, she is able to better create her own 3 pt shot than Puisis. If defenders try to prevent her from shooting the 3, she has the quickness to blow by them.

4. She can create her own shot driving to the basket but needs improvement in finishing. However, she may be better than I think; this is just my observation on just two drives to the basket (small sample size).

5. She is active on defense.

In summary, I make no exaggeration when I say that, based on her ball handling skills and quickness, she may be the next coming of Caitlin Clark. I know that may be hard to believe. Just watch game film of her.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,024
  • Days Won:  10

45 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Woohoo!!! This highlight clip does not do her justice. This is a very awesome pickup! After watching this highlight, I decided to see if I could find a game of hers to watch. After watching just the first half of her 4A quarterfinal game against Lakeville North, I can say that she is good enough to start and produce this year on the Bulls. Here are my observations from that first half:

1. She can dribble equally well with both hands; and is probably a better ball handler than anyone currently on the team. 

2. She is quick.

3. She has Puisis-type range, accuracy, and quick release from deep. However, because of her better ball handling and being quicker than Puisis, she is able to better create her own 3 pt shot than Puisis. If defenders try to prevent her from shooting the 3, she has the quickness to blow by them.

4. She can create her own shot driving to the basket but needs improvement in finishing. However, she may be better than I think; this is just my observation on just two drives to the basket (small sample size).

In summary, I make no exaggeration when I say that, based on her ball handling skills and quickness, she may be the next coming of Caitlin Clark. I know that may be hard to believe. Just watch game film of her.

It seems like you following basketball recruiting closely, and I love your passion. I trust Jose in recruiting and I think the women's team will be fine. When it comes to men's basketball I hope you are seeing something that I am not seeing, and hope like you have been saying the men's team will be the best in quite a while.

Edited by belgianbull

41 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

2. She is quick.

Okay, I just watched the second half of that game. I may stand corrected on the one weakness that I mentioned. To Coach JF: Congratulations on pulling off what may be your biggest recruit!!! 

Seriously Bulls fans, Amy Thompson is the real deal!!! In the second half, she blew by a defender, who was guarding her tightly, trying to prevent a 3, to take it to the hoop and score. Just prior to the 1:19 mark, she hit two impressive step back 3s. I have posted the link below. If you can't watch the whole game, at least watch the period between 1:17 and 1:20. Just after hitting those two 3s, she scores an amazing basket. While dribbling her way past the defender on the way to the basket, she came upon another defender, stopped, turned and drainer a short jumper. With the score tied with seconds remaining, she gets the inbound in the back court, then drives by several defenders to score the game-winning layup. This girl is amazing with wizardry in her ball-handling skills. And she is only a junior... in high school. Can we jump a year into the future?

624eca6124757701a1270bd0605d481d.jpeg

Check out Amy's recruiting profile and video on SportsRecruits. Grad: 2024. Sport: Basketball. Hometown: Bayport, MN

11 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Okay, I just watched the second half of that game. I may stand corrected on the one weakness that I mentioned. To Coach JF: Congratulations on pulling off what may be your biggest recruit!!! 

Seriously Bulls fans, Amy Thompson is the real deal!!! In the second half, she blew by a defender, who was guarding her tightly, trying to prevent a 3, to take it to the hoop and score. Just prior to the 1:19 mark, she hit two impressive step back 3s. I have posted the link below. If you can't watch the whole game, at least watch the period between 1:17 and 1:20. Just after hitting those two 3s, she scores an amazing basket. While dribbling her way past the defender on the way to the basket, she came upon another defender, stopped, turned and drainer a short jumper. With the score tied with seconds remaining, she gets the inbound in the back court, then drives by several defenders to score the game-winning layup. This girl is amazing with wizardry in her ball-handling skills. And she is only a junior... in high school. Can we jump a year into the future?

624eca6124757701a1270bd0605d481d.jpeg

Check out Amy's recruiting profile and video on SportsRecruits. Grad: 2024. Sport: Basketball. Hometown: Bayport, MN

Apparently, it is not a link to the game; it is a highlight reel. The turnaround jumper I mentioned previously is in the clip.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Did anyone mention to CJF that Stillwater isn't in Europe? 🤔