• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,271
  • Days Won:  255

54 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

I hope one day soon that the people who consistently attack VPoAMK will be eating crow. But knowing the attitudes of people like that, any success USF has will never be due to VPoAMK's decisions. 

Everyone hopes that those attacking VPMK will be eating crow (because that would be good for USF). But knowing the accomplishments of VPMK that will never be; due to VPMK's decisions. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

If wins/losses is the measuring stick of AD success, then I'm not sure USF has ever had a successful AD.  I hope someday to see one but I am not holding my breath as it may be a mythical beast.  Still, we gotta keep trying, no?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

I hope one day soon that the people who consistently attack VPoAMK will be eating crow. But knowing the attitudes of people like that, any success USF has will never be due to VPoAMK's decisions. 

I don't know if that's fair. Everyone on this board that is critical of Kelly is hoping to be proved wrong. Everyone on this board wants Kelly to be successful. If Golesh and Rahim end up being good hires then undoubtedly Kelly will deserve much credit for having hired the right people. Likewise if the OCS is built Kelly will deserve credit for that as well. If he gets us into a power 5 conference then he will probably attain legend status.

I want nothing more then for Kelly and USF to be successful; so I will gladly eat crow.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,065
  • Days Won:  469

Well, if anyone is going to be eating crow, I hope you eat it here. 

All I've seen over the decades is when somebody is wrong about something as caustic as this, they vanish.  Eating crow in the privacy of your closet is not eating crow.

13 minutes ago, Brad said:

All I've seen over the decades is when somebody is wrong about something as caustic as this, they vanish.  Eating crow in the privacy of your closet is not eating crow.

Oh absolutely. And I am wrong a lot; and when I am I don't run away from it. One example is at the time I thought Holtz was a great hire; even thought he was the best hire we could make. I even remember e-mailing people I knew from USF athletics telling them that I thought Holtz should be the person we hired. I was so wrong about that. Point being there is no shame in being wrong.  Hope I am wrong about Kelly as well, and if I am wrong I will gladly eat the crow where everyone can see it.

Edited by belgianbull

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,065
  • Days Won:  469

And I don't mean to be so that we can shame people in public, but so that even the "haters" remain fans.  We probably lost a thousand members in the "Jim Leavitt has plateaued, he's got to go" argument.  As soon as Skip failed, they left for good.  

Let's build a fan base!

• Go Bulls! 1

1 hour ago, Brad said:

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  876
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Brad said:

And I don't mean to be so that we can shame people in public, but so that even the "haters" remain fans.  We probably lost a thousand members in the "Jim Leavitt has plateaued, he's got to go" argument.  As soon as Skip failed, they left for good.  

Let's build a fan base!

Completely agree - it's not a case of shaming or rubbing it in peoples' faces. When we become successful in athletics, I hope the people who made those decisions get the recognition they deserve on this board, and that might, just might, be VPoAMK at the end of the day. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,271
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Completely agree - it's not a case of shaming or rubbing it in peoples' faces. When we become successful in athletics, I hope the people who made those decisions get the recognition they deserve on this board, and that might, just might, be VPoAMK at the end of the day. 

If he gets us out of this conference I will be happy to kick off the VPMK statue fund and if we cannot get support I will learn to sculpt and construct it myself. My concern with him and his timelines is that winning seemed to play a factor in the most recent call ups and yet we decide to appease the fans with the circus of a stadium (which I do not believe has anything to do with call ups and if anything hampers us). If I am wrong and a stadium paves the way out I will be more than happy to have been wrong and proclaim VPMK's vision is correct but if we continue to pay for a $350 Million stadium while playing AAC teams in front of 10's of fans well then I guess we wont have to worry much about who stays around to eat their crow because few will actually be here to see it.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,002
  • Days Won:  12

i like the It's Always Sunny episode where Frank eats a dead crow.