• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just picked up a commit from a 4-star ILB from Ft. Walton Beach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  694
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/18/2023 at 1:13 PM, Cubanbull said:

Man this board never disappoints.

If we don’t have commits, you know someone is going to be complaining that we haven’t gotten any.

If we get commits, someone will complain that they may never sign and switch schools

If we get them signed, someone will complain that it means nothing until they produce on the field

If they produce on the field, someone will complain that they will transfer

Some people just can’t enjoy the day.

You can have a great day if you want to 😁

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

9 minutes ago, 350_BULL said:

You can have a great day if you want to 😁

Oh. I always do. At my age I don’t let bs keep me from enjoying each and every day

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/19/2023 at 10:19 AM, bulloni said:

Context is key. Willie was recruiting with the Big East still fresh on everyones mind. Charlie Strong after year 1 was recruiting to a team that had just won 28 of their last 34 games.

Golesh is recruiting to a team that has won 8 of its last 52 games, and play in a G5 conference that just got weaker. All that considered his 2024 class being better than an average Charlie Strong class so far is a great sign.

Strong didnt have a fresh IPF and a new stadium to pitch.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

I see both sides of it. On one hand, as has been said the man doesn't even hit the field until 2024 and then he is still a true frosh. For a fan base that has been told "just hang on" for about 5 years, patience isn't exactly high right now. 

On the other hand, we have a coach who is pulling in 4 stars into a program that is at the bottom of the barrel wins-wise so all things equal I would rather have a coach who can do that versus not. He is clearly out there working and bringing in good players. I am not exactly sure other than build a time machine what we could ask of him right now. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

19 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Strong didnt have a fresh IPF and a new stadium to pitch.

Chuck could pitch a program coming off back to back AP top 25 finishes and double digit win seasons ... both firsts for the program ... so recruits could see the immediate potential. CAG doesn't have that fresh vision to draw on .... he's in a worse position overall, imo.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Scott had talent on the team his classes were for most part in the 60s and 70s...his horrible coaching gave us teams ranked likely around 120+ during his time.  Could give him 40th ranked classes we might have beaten Temple last year.  He way underperformed compared to talent he had. 

CAG if just an average coach will be a big improvement.

If he can show he is turning things around it will only help his recruiting. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Chuck could pitch a program coming off back to back AP top 25 finishes and double digit win seasons ... both firsts for the program ... so recruits could see the immediate potential. CAG doesn't have that fresh vision to draw on .... he's in a worse position overall, imo.

Strong had it made when he came in. The amount of talent he inherited from Taggart was unreal. For that reason Strong's first year was one of the best seasons in USF history. We had so much momentum at that time, but he wasn't able to recruit replacements, and we tanked.

Golesh, most definitely, comes in at a difficult point in USF football history. However, he does have things that work in his favor. One being the transfer portal where recruiting is year round and doesn't end in January. So he has had ample time in the off season to recruit.. And two, the current AAC, where there is no Houston, UCF, and Cincy, and where this upcoming season we don't even play Tulane or SMU. The schedule sets itself up nicely if Golesh wants to start strong ( and I mean well, and not a pun intended on Charlie Strong).

One problem that we and Golesh do have is that we can't afford a slow rebuilt. We have to win fast. Recruiting under Golesh has been decent overall, and definitely good enough to finish at least  middle of the pack in the AAC starting next year.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

12 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Strong had it made when he came in. The amount of talent he inherited from Taggart was unreal. For that reason Strong's first year was one of the best seasons in USF history. We had so much momentum at that time, but he wasn't able to recruit replacements, and we tanked.

Golesh, most definitely, comes in at a difficult point in USF football history. However, he does have things that work in his favor. One being the transfer portal where recruiting is year round and doesn't end in January. So he has had ample time in the off season to recruit.. And two, the current AAC, where there is no Houston, UCF, and Cincy, and where this upcoming season we don't even play Tulane or SMU. The schedule sets itself up nicely if Golesh wants to start strong ( and I mean well, and not a pun intended on Charlie Strong).

One problem that we and Golesh do have is that we can't afford a slow rebuilt. We have to win fast. Recruiting under Golesh has been decent overall, and definitely good enough to finish at least  middle of the pack in the AAC starting next year.

To be 100% improvement over Jeff Scott you just have to win two fbs games. That is how bad AD MK is at evaluating coaches. If CAG near average he is an exponential upgrade over CJS, if he cant go 0.500 in conference play in a watered down AAC, we are in some deep doo doo for the future.

• ???? 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

12 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

To be 100% improvement over Jeff Scott you just have to win two fbs games. That is how bad AD MK is at evaluating coaches. If CAG near average he is an exponential upgrade over CJS, if he cant go 0.500 in conference play in a watered down AAC, we are in some deep doo doo for the future.

I do hope as a fan base starting in year 2 we don't accept average as ok. I expect us to be good in year 2, and great in year 3. Average is really where we were at the end of Strong's second season.

My biggest apprehension is that 3 years from now, and after having been so bad for the last 4 years, that 6-6 and a bowl game will seem like something extraordinary, and something that is good enough.

the goal has to be top 25 and competing for conference championships sooner than later.

Edited by belgianbull

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

15 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I do hope as a fan base starting in year 2 we don't accept average as ok. I expect us to be good in year 2, and great in year 3. Average is really where we were at the end of Strong's second season.

My biggest apprehension is that 3 years from now, and after having been so bad for the last 4 years, that 6-6 and a bowl game will seem like something extraordinary, and something that is good enough.

the goal has to be top 25 and competing for conference championships sooner than later.

IF we are not going bowling and going over 0.500 in year two in the watered down AAC then AD MK must go. Anything short of that is a catastrophic failure for the football program to have a 5 year losing record streak.

Edited by Outlaw