• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

19 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I have seen some low expectations and we have earned it, however to go into an opening game against WKU and expecting to get blown out and being ok with it to me is the all time low.  You may be right however if they get blown out then I am deuces on the season.  No reason to expect us to be any good but I am tired of getting ***** slapped by Tulane, Temple etc.., enough is ******* enough

Wish I could upvote this twice.  It’s disgusting how low our expectations are as a fan base.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,890
  • Days Won:  67

4 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Wish I could upvote this twice.  It’s disgusting how low our expectations are as a fan base.

It really is, I can’t believe we are actually having a discussion about if we will be satisfied to only lose by 2 TD’s to freakin Western Kentucky?  I have no idea what we have if anything but I will be in the wind long before this ever becomes my expectation. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

It really is, I can’t believe we are actually having a discussion about if we will be satisfied to only lose by 2 TD’s to freakin Western Kentucky?  I have no idea what we have if anything but I will be in the wind long before this ever becomes my expectation. 

Honestly, what the hell does fans' expectations on stuff like this really matter, especially in the first game of a new coach ..... except for your own psyche and message board "discussions". We got historically curb stomped by an FCS team in another transition game but things turned out okay. It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,410
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Honestly, what the hell does fans' expectations on stuff like this really matter, especially in the first game of a new coach ..... except for your own psyche and message board "discussions". We got historically curb stomped by an FCS team in another transition game but things turned out okay. It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

To piggy back off this. I can dig up the previous first games spanning two coaches again... I'm not sure there are expectations anymore.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,890
  • Days Won:  67

Just now, Triple B said:

Expectations by fans as you have stated numerous times mean nothing. It just seems odd to me that we would be satisfied in the opening game if we could stay within 2 TD’s of the mighty Hilltoppers.  This is no longer a long term build, it is a year to year build and the first game will show a lot about what kind of coach we have.  The CWT game was a little different circumstances because there was no portal, we had no talent, no QB and the first two years we had a terrible scheme, that power offense run with Floyd under center and a scat back (Shaw)as our main RB was pitiful.  Taggert pulled a rabbit out of his hat with his first full recruiting cycle and we simply out talented teams after he disposed of his failed strategy.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,420
  • Days Won:  43

54 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I have seen some low expectations and we have earned it, however to go into an opening game against WKU and expecting to get blown out and being ok with it to me is the all time low.  You may be right however if they get blown out then I am deuces on the season.  No reason to expect us to be any good but I am tired of getting ***** slapped by Tulane, Temple etc.., enough is ******* enough

Nah I’m not giving up on the season until I see how USF does against Navy. Hopefully we will be at least 3-2 the morning of 10-1-2023. Then I will be hyped AF!! 

21 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

To piggy back off this. I can dig up the previous first games spanning two coaches again... I'm not sure there are expectations anymore.

I've never really quite understood the hate for that SJSU game ....

33 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Expectations by fans as you have stated numerous times mean nothing. It just seems odd to me that we would be satisfied in the opening game if we could stay within 2 TD’s of the mighty Hilltoppers.

A team with 1 FBS win in 3 years, 0 last year, that lost some proven weapons on offense, under a new coaching regime and all that comes with that. Going against a team with 8 FBS wins last year, returning their starting qb, leading rb and wr. Doesn't seem odd at all ....

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,536
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

A team with 1 FBS win in 3 years, 0 last year, that lost some proven weapons on offense, under a new coaching regime and all that comes with that. Going against a team with 8 FBS wins last year, returning their starting qb, leading rb and wr. Doesn't seem odd at all ....

I expect to get scored on a lot. I would be excited to see USF score a lot. We will know by the end of the game if the defense improve at all.  I dont expect much but I  hope for a close game or upset that would be a huge surprise.

Edited by Outlaw