• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Important OCS Update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

26 minutes ago, hm101 said:

what are they looking for in the soil? Anyone with a construction background?

You want nice fertilized soil.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,480
  • Days Won:  13

45 minutes ago, hm101 said:

what are they looking for in the soil? Anyone with a construction background?

I asked ChatGPT.  Here was the response:

Soil testing is an essential step in major construction projects. It helps engineers and construction professionals understand the properties and characteristics of the soil at a site. The information obtained from soil testing is crucial for making informed decisions regarding foundation design, construction methods, and site preparation. Here's an overview of what happens with soil testing during major construction properties:

1. Preliminary Site Investigation: Before construction begins, a preliminary site investigation is conducted to gather basic information about the site's geology, soil types, and potential issues. This may involve reviewing existing geological surveys, topographical maps, and aerial photographs.

2. Soil Sampling: Once the preliminary investigation is complete, soil sampling takes place. Soil samples are collected from various locations across the site using different methods, such as hand augers, mechanical drills, or soil borings. The number and depth of soil samples depend on the project's scale, complexity, and local regulations.

3. Laboratory Testing: The collected soil samples are sent to a laboratory for comprehensive testing. Various tests are conducted to determine the soil's physical and mechanical properties, including its composition, density, moisture content, permeability, shear strength, and compressibility. The specific tests performed may vary depending on the project requirements and local standards.

4. Analysis and Interpretation: The laboratory test results are analyzed and interpreted by geotechnical engineers or soil scientists. They evaluate the soil's characteristics, assess its suitability for construction purposes, and identify any potential issues or risks associated with the soil. This analysis helps in determining the appropriate foundation design, earthwork requirements, and construction techniques.

5. Reporting: A detailed report is prepared summarizing the findings of the soil testing and analysis. This report includes information about the site conditions, soil properties, and any recommendations for design modifications or construction procedures. The report is shared with the project stakeholders, including architects, engineers, contractors, and regulatory authorities, to guide the construction process.

6. Design Adjustments: Based on the soil test results and recommendations provided in the report, the project's design may be adjusted accordingly. This may involve modifying the foundation type, depth, or reinforcement methods to ensure structural integrity and stability. The design adjustments aim to account for the specific soil conditions at the construction site.

7. Ongoing Monitoring: Soil testing may also continue during the construction phase to verify the actual soil conditions encountered and to ensure compliance with the design specifications. This monitoring helps detect any unforeseen soil variations or potential issues that may arise during construction.

By conducting thorough soil testing and analysis, construction professionals can mitigate risks, optimize designs, and ensure the long-term stability and safety of major construction properties.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

Put differently: roly-polies.  

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,916
  • Days Won:  33

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

You're clear then .......... btw, thanks for the help on the hoops season tix add.

You’re welcome!!

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Very exciting news!!!! Can’t wait to pick my seats, great era ahead for USF fans!

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,671
  • Days Won:  424

11 hours ago, Brad said:

Put differently: roly-polies.  

Put accurately: bones

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,560
  • Days Won:  25

12 hours ago, John Lewis said:

You’re welcome!!

Not sure if you are allowed to answer this or have an idea but what will be the minimum prices  and donation levels for tickets? 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,916
  • Days Won:  33

35 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Not sure if you are allowed to answer this or have an idea but what will be the minimum prices  and donation levels for tickets? 

I haven’t seen anything resembling a pricing model for tickets as of yet. 

I’m assuming that when those discussions begin I will be part of the discussion.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/19/2023 at 9:24 AM, Bull Matrix said:

From what I have heard it will be more like a hybrid mix of SDSU/CSU new stadiums. Worse case it will be like Houston’s 

We’ll see but you can look at the jobs the builder has done already and get a sense for what they do.  Their designs don’t look like snapdragon or canvas stadium.  They’re much lighter in scale with more modern lines with smaller capacity and tend to have certain elements akin to international/soccer stadiums, like seating/standing sections etc.  I appreciate what you’re doing I think expectations need to be recentered though.  Think of a cross between MLS and FAU…

Edited by I like GOOOOLD (and green)

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

7 minutes ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

We’ll see but you can look at the jobs the builder has done already and get a sense for what they do.  Their designs don’t look like snapdragon or canvas stadium.  They’re much lighter in scale with more modern lines with smaller capacity and tend to have certain elements akin to international/soccer stadiums, like seating/standing sections etc.  I appreciate what you’re doing I think expectations need to be recentered though.  Think of a cross between MLS and FAU…

In the doc for the board of trustees meeting that sparked this thread page 90 literally shows the 2 design options they are shooting for:

1.) Hybrid of Houston's stadium and Colorado State's stadium. This is estimated to cost $200 million.

2.) Hybrid of SDSU and Colorado State's stadium. This is estimated to cost $300 million.

The builder/design firm we went with is Populous AND Barton Malow. Populous is the architect behind Colorado State's stadium so not sure where you are getting the idea that our's won't look anything like that. Also San Diego State's stadium is literally the exact size we've heard for ours: 35k

• Upvote 1