• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Students still divided on development of on-campus stadium - The Oracle

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,392
  • Days Won:  43

7 hours ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

The students might be split on the ocs but it’s clear that the oracle is firmly against it based on their reports on it over the years.  I hate the oracle.

Exactly!! If we learned anything during these past few decades it is not to trust the media. Especially student newspapers lol. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

People will always find something to complain about

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Outlaw said:

The biggest question should be is it going to make more money and exposure for USF football.

Likely no to the money (mid term) and yes to the exposure.  The debt service is going to be such that it will be nearly impossible not to lose money on it for the first several years.  But.. hopefully it increases the overall budget so that it’s worthwhile to increase debt.

Unpopular opinion alert but I actually like the central fl stadium model for us right now.  They minimized debt and maximized leverage.  They’re easy to make fun of but it worked perfectly for them.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

9 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Maybe they should survey the physical education department, football players, or student athletes  then it would be closer to 100% are for the OCS. 166 random students from picked departments is not a valid survey. They need to explain how they selected the only 166 students surveyed and the survey is a pretty small sample size with a  university that has over 40,000 students. I can survey 10 people here that defends Jeff Scott's extension at the time and it would tell USF Athletics it was a great move because he may turn the team around the corner.

I gotta say, it gets a little old but I'm thoroughly impressed by your ability to tie your disdain for the CJS extension into any conversation

• Haha 3

• Content Count:  2,548
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I found this interesting. So at least 42% of students are off campus. I don't know what the number is of students who live on campus but I guess we should hope they are all college football fans and will attend the games.

In a survey of 166 USF students, 42% said that on-campus parking makes it difficult to attend classes and events

They are always building more parking garages and dorms. I assume a larger portion of students will be able to live and park there, hopefully more easily.

Parking has always been a problem.

10 hours ago, BayIslandBull said:

I wonder how many would say parking at walmart makes it difficult to shop there too

It’s not the parking, it’s the people begging for change in the parking lot.

9 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Maybe they should survey the physical education department, football players, or student athletes  then it would be closer to 100% are for the OCS. 166 random students from picked departments is not a valid survey. They need to explain how they selected the only 166 students surveyed and the survey is a pretty small sample size with a  university that has over 40,000 students. I can survey 10 people here that defends Jeff Scott's extension at the time and it would tell USF Athletics it was a great move because he may turn the team around the corner.

How was this survey not sent to everyone who is a student? I find it hard to believe on 166 students answered this survey as well.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

This is the kind of thing I'm tired of reading:

“They are paying for the stadium before being able to fund the successful colleges, such as the College of Arts or the College of Education,” Lee said.

Maybe Athletics or President Law can have some type of open house-style meeting to explain to these nerds that the fund that will pay for the stadium and the fund that handles academic programs and facilities maintenance are two completely different pots of money.

Edited by GoBulls84
  • Like 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,497
  • Days Won:  25

37 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

I gotta say, it gets a little old but I'm thoroughly impressed by your ability to tie your disdain for the CJS extension into any conversation

Well when all of athletics is underpeforming and you extend everyone including a coach with one fbs against Temple it shows where winning lies on the list of priorities  by AD MK.

• Downvote 1