• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach AAR's staff (Player transfer discussion)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Have we heard any rumblings about any possible retention of staff members or who he may bring with him?

Did Chuck Atkins ever end up getting his degree? There have some history, would be nice to get him on staff in some capacity.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

You know where they can stick that degree...

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

4 hours ago, Brad said:

You know where they can stick that degree...

Next to Masiello's?  Yes, I know he eventually got one. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Top assistant for him and current Kennesaw State interim coach Ben Fletcher has followed USF on twitter. Should make it easier to recruit the players from their roster if we get the coach and top assistant.

I think his goal there and for us seems to be recruit locally. He has the Georgia connections and Fletcher has deep ties to Alabama. I'd be betting the next assistant is someone with connections in Florida.

Also their star player Chris Youngblood's dad has now followed USF basketball on twitter. Would be a big add, dude can light it up from 3.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

5 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Top assistant for him and current Kennesaw State interim coach Ben Fletcher has followed USF on twitter. Should make it easier to recruit the players from their roster if we get the coach and top assistant.

I think his goal there and for us seems to be recruit locally. He has the Georgia connections and Fletcher has deep ties to Alabama. I'd be betting the next assistant is someone with connections in Florida.

Also their star player Chris Youngblood's dad has now followed USF basketball on twitter. Would be a big add, dude can light it up from 3.

Great work!! Thanks. I remember when USF used to have beat writers that would help bring insight for us fans. So we are thankful for your research 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

18 minutes ago, bulloni said:

very good news. Youngblood appears to be the guy we really could use. The other stars from that team are all Seniors. Hope the top Asst follows and does not get the Head Coaching job there. 

Coach did say yesterday he would be chatting with the current staff before making any moves. Not sure if I would keep any, maybe Larry Dixon. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

26 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

very good news. Youngblood appears to be the guy we really could use. The other stars from that team are all Seniors. Hope the top Asst follows and does not get the Head Coaching job there. 

Coach did say yesterday he would be chatting with the current staff before making any moves. Not sure if I would keep any, maybe Larry Dixon. 

Youngblood would be huge. That alone could give us  a big boost next year in the win column. I have been a bit down on the USF basketball hire, but that alone could make me a buliever and make me excited about next season.

2 hours ago, belgianbull said:

Youngblood would be huge. That alone could give us  a big boost next year in the win column. I have been a bit down on the USF basketball hire, but that alone could make me a buliever and make me excited about next season.

Youngblood officially in the portal along with Brandon Stroud (9 Points, 6.5 board per game. 35% from 3)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Youngblood officially in the portal along with Brandon Stroud (9 Points, 6.5 board per game. 35% from 3)

Wow didn't realize Stroud was the Asun defensive player of the year. Getting the 2 best players on a tourney team should help immediately

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

8 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Wow didn't realize Stroud was the Asun defensive player of the year. Getting the 2 best players on a tourney team should help immediately

Those 2 and keep Tchewa and Miguel and some others on board and we can be hopeful for year 1.