• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NIL Top 10 College Football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Arent Jordans made in china? Why is mandatory that Lebron speak out against China and not every other American that purchases products made in china?

Not to derail the conversation (that's what we do best isn't it?), but my beef in the LeBron/China saga is from when all the Hong Kong protests were happening pre-COVID, and he said something in the preseason (while they were touring China) about standing with the protestors. China immediately says "Cool, we're not airing your tour games on Chinese TV" and he and the rest of the NBA zipped it. If you're gonna have a stance, have it. Don't make it so blatantly obvious that you're only willing to take a stance as long as it doesn't f*** with your bottom line.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

4 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Arent Jordans made in china? Why is mandatory that Lebron speak out against China and not every other American that purchases products made in china?

Isn’t the issue that he/Nike makes $millions on products made with coerced or slave labor. Personally, I want Lebron to speak less.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,012
  • Days Won:  469

Money buys the integrity of many.  

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,525
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

Not to derail the conversation (that's what we do best isn't it?), but my beef in the LeBron/China saga is from when all the Hong Kong protests were happening pre-COVID, and he said something in the preseason (while they were touring China) about standing with the protestors. China immediately says "Cool, we're not airing your tour games on Chinese TV" and he and the rest of the NBA zipped it. If you're gonna have a stance, have it. Don't make it so blatantly obvious that you're only willing to take a stance as long as it doesn't f*** with your bottom line.

And? People in life have the right to pick and choose their battles. And he does not have control over what the NBA does b/c he does not own the league. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

7 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

And? People in life have the right to pick and choose their battles. And he does not have control over what the NBA does b/c he does not own the league. 

I was going to say he is basically an employee of the league so a lot of these players can’t really say much or risk losing their career. I’m sure Lebron wouldn’t have to worry about it but many other players that are not stars could jeopardize their livelihoods. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He absolutely does have that right. And I also have the right to find his social justice posturing to be hollow when as soon as his money is threatened he shuts his trap, and is still perfectly fine with his shoes being made with slave labor in China 🤷‍♂️

I don't delve into the debates of LeBron versus MJ because I feel they're both legends who dominated their eras in the league, but I do feel if you're going to have a stance, then have a spine and stick to it 🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

106175154-1570731419631gettyimages-11749

The backlash could hit closer to home for players, many of whom spend part of their summers in China promoting lucrative deals.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

19 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

Was not aware that Livvy Dunne played football?

And I'm not sure a Tampa "collective" giving cash to someone who looks like her qualifies as NIL contributions.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,345
  • Days Won:  43

8 hours ago, E.T. said:
106175154-1570731419631gettyimages-11749

The backlash could hit closer to home for players, many of whom spend part of their summers in China promoting lucrative deals.

Yup, exactly..