• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Baseball taking it on the chin again tonight

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

15 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Just when you think we’ve reached a new low - we find a way to top it. My Bull brothers, I’m going to take a little mental holiday and unplug myself from USF athletics until the fall. I’ll talk to you all again in August, hopefully in a much better state of mind in regard to the athletic program at our beloved alma mater. Go Bulls!

Technically, that's summer ......... and totally applaud the decision, Dave. Even though the board will miss you until then, your mental health comes first. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

18-4 I think.  That’s not the chin, that’s straight to the (remaining) nuts.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,405
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, DontPushMe said:

No idea why this university even plays sports

I used to think no you were ******* crazy... Man. I'm **** near close to joining this bandwagon.

bar rescue no GIF by Paramount Network

Do they have an "Athletics" version of this guy?

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  330
  • Days Won:  0

I could do a better job recruiting Pitchers than Billy Mohl! What a disaster he is!

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Funny thing is this game was tied 3-3 when the 7th inning started.  We needed 7 relievers to get through the last 9 outs.  VCU isn't even that great of a team.  We have 33 games left, 24 of which are conference games.  We are winning at a .333 percentage so that would only give us 11 more wins at this rate.  We would finish with 19 Wins.  So unless something changes Billy will be gone.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

Coaching changes in the 3 major sports all in the same year…and all of the fired coaches having received an extension in the previous year (just for having a pulse).  If this happens, it has to be some kind of an all time NCAA record.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,881
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Coaching changes in the 3 major sports all in the same year…and all of the fired coaches having received an extension in the previous year (just for having a pulse).  If this happens, it has to be some kind of an all time NCAA record.

It is a record in futility, the only silver lining is I don’t give two violation about college baseball unless they are in the tournament which is rare and even then it is only a passing interest.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Again, regardless of how bad we look now ... Mohl has taken us to 2 NCAA regionals, winning one and going to our only Super Regional ever plus won a conference title in 5 years ... he's done more than have a pulse. 

I'll refrain from discussing the extensions here.  Once again there's  a Fire Kelly thread for that

Edited by olafberserker

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

11 hours ago, JoeB said:

Funny thing is this game was tied 3-3 when the 7th inning started.  We needed 7 relievers to get through the last 9 outs.  VCU isn't even that great of a team.  We have 33 games left, 24 of which are conference games.  We are winning at a .333 percentage so that would only give us 11 more wins at this rate.  We would finish with 19 Wins.  So unless something changes Billy will be gone.

Most of those relievers are pretty much terrible.  Once we got down it was just get through the game and come back the next day

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

6 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Most of those relievers are pretty much terrible.  Once we got down it was just get through the game and come back the next day

Yeah.  18 though. That’s just shocking.  Specially timed for the lifetime alumni appreciation game and a packed house.  The first 7 innings were exciting and fun.

• Upvote 1