• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Billy Mohl!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

26 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

We have players from Jesuit and Calvary currently.  Have had from Sickles, not any currently on the roster.  IMG brings players in from all over the country and feeds into all the major programs. 17 players on this year's roster are "BayMade" with 5 from those ranked programs plus a few from other very good programs around the state.   ALL of the P5 schools are recruiting this area hot and heavy.  I know of a few players that passed on USF strictly to go to a P5 school (ucf being one of those schools).

The issue this year was the younger pitching didn't develop enough to get the job done and fill the holes created by players leaving.  Many of those guys were very good recruits.  

Good to know... I don't follow baseball closely.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  336
  • Days Won:  0

@olafberserker Although many of the younger Pitchers (i.e. - Dietz, both Minks, Grause, etc.) came from great local programs and had great records in high school, their results were extremely poor. These young pitchers have had 2 years at USF and are not going to all of a sudden turn it around. Mohl's biggest issue was solely relying on the younger pitchers to develop and they each failed.

Based on this unsuccessful relying on failed pitchers, I have no confidence in Mohl and he should be fired!

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

@olafberserker Although many of the younger Pitchers (i.e. - Dietz, both Minks, Grause, etc.) came from great local programs and had great records in high school, their results were extremely poor. These young pitchers have had 2 years at USF and are not going to all of a sudden turn it around. Mohl's biggest issue was solely relying on the younger pitchers to develop and they each failed.

Based on this unsuccessful relying on failed pitchers, I have no confidence in Mohl and he should be fired!

Baseball is a funny sport. It can click at any time.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,365
  • Days Won:  5

Well, he's coming back barring some major change so might as well buckle up and get ready for another wild ride

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,706
  • Days Won:  424

... Mohl's biggest issue was solely relying on the younger pitchers to develop and they each failed.

I get wanting him fired but that reasoning seems  ...... disjointed? Who should he have been relying on instead of the younger pitchers who came from great local programs and had great records in high school? Were there better, older pitchers he should have played instead ....?

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  336
  • Days Won:  0

@Triple B as each of those Pitchers were unsuccessful as Freshmen, Mohl should have brought in a few veteran transfers from the Portal to help out. Instead he relied fully on the young pitchers who got torched all year! 

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I get wanting him fired but that reasoning seems  ...... disjointed? Who should he have been relying on instead of the younger pitchers who came from great local programs and had great records in high school? Were there better, older pitchers he should have played instead ....?

Yeah, there weren't any older pitchers to rely on.  Brown and Mink were the veterans and they did well up until Brown's injury.  Skeen was another experienced guy and he was for the most part reliable.  Other than Cebert, the younger guys never stepped up consistently.   We did get some flashes out of Jackson early on and Dorsey.  Grause and Gailey threw well as did Hudi in the conference tournament.  Could be a precursor of good things to come.

Just now, Cpa_bull1990 said:

@Triple B as each of those Pitchers were unsuccessful as Freshmen, Mohl should have brought in a few veteran transfers from the Portal to help out. Instead he relied fully on the young pitchers who got torched all year! 

He brought in Skeen and veteran pitchers have to want to come here.  Were there specific ones in the portal that he passed on?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

2 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Is the portal a big thing in baseball?  Don't follow enough to know. Would assume any upperclassmen that is worth anything would be entering the draft.  

6 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Is the portal a big thing in baseball?  Don't follow enough to know. Would assume any upperclassmen that is worth anything would be entering the draft.  

Not as big as football or basketball but there are some transfers

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

The portal will be as big as football or basketball in my opinion.  Looks like both assistant coaches are gone.  Pitching Coach Karsten Whitson and Coach Bo Durkac are no longer on staff.  Aside from that, LHP Parker Seay and Josh Cone are in the transfer portal.  Seay was ineffective and little used this past season and only has one year left.  Cone wasn't used at all, so I'm not sure if he was injured or redshirted so he has 4 years left.  So CBM better bring in guys that will help him win alot more games next year or he'll be next