• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Billy Mohl!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

9 hours ago, SilverBull said:

It's a time tested approach of USF and toxic relationship partners everywhere.  Give out just enough love to keep 'em hanging on.

The FB and MBB better do something soon, we are hanging by a thread. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

5 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

That doesn't sound very stable. Unlike the culture of stability that ADMK was after when he extended everybody.

I admire your perseverance ....

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

Bottom second 0-0, ECU coming up to bat.  I would go ahead and extend Billy now, he is running a clinic!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Days Won:  2

Based on our approach for extending contracts, he should get an extension for 1 billion years🤪

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

6 hours ago, Cornada said:

Based on our approach for extending contracts, he should get an extension for 1 billion years🤪

For failing in the season and in the tournament you are AD MK values stability.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

Good for Ethan Brown.   They have played hard for CBM when it would be easy to quit.  CBM is a class act and overall a good coach.  He's the kind of guy we should want coaching our teams

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

12 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Good for Ethan Brown.   They have played hard for CBM when it would be easy to quit.  CBM is a class act and overall a good coach.  He's the kind of guy we should want coaching our teams

I don’t know him, but this is in line with everything I’ve read about Coach Mohl. If he is let go, it won’t be because of any of these points, it will only be about whether or not he can win games at USF. A last place finish and 18 games under .500 is tough to ignore. If he gets another year, I’ll pull for him to turn it around, for sure, but I’m not at all confident. I felt the same way about Brian Gregory and Jeff Scott.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

CJS stunk all 3 years.  It was a disaster from day 1.    CBG stunk save for a CBI run.   CBM has been to 2 regionals, winning 1, in his first 5 years.    Not in the same area code, but I don't care if they fire him nobody likes to lose, although my feel is that we shouldn't at this point.

I went back to look.   CJF didn't have a winning season until year 5.  Then after a few decent/good years came back with 2 more losing seasons.

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

13 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

CJS stunk all 3 years.  It was a disaster from day 1.    CBG stunk save for a CBI run.   CBM has been to 2 regionals, winning 1, in his first 5 years.    Not in the same area code, but I don't care if they fire him nobody likes to lose, although my feel is that we shouldn't at this point.

I went back to look.   CJF didn't have a winning season until year 5.  Then after a few decent/good years came back with 2 more losing seasons.

My point was - all good men and you don’t like to see them lose their jobs. But if you’re using CJF as an example, I guess that would have been a reason to not let Jeff Scott go yet. And to me, Billy’s first regional team was the equivalent of Charlie Strong’s first year - he inherited a stacked roster - neither Scott nor Gregory had that luxury. Regardless, if Mohl stays, I’ll be pulling for him in 2024.

Edited by Dave_Glaser