• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Billy Mohl!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Kelly has little choice on this.  His coaches in the three major sports are leaving some backsplash on him. He’s got to show he’s serious about building this athletic program. There is no time or space for only the feel good.  

Unfortunately both hires so far have been lackluster at best.  The key isn't the coach, it's is the athletic program serious about winning and seriously committed.  Otherwise, the firing of coaches is just to appease the fans that don't see the big picture anyway

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, olafberserker said:

I haven't said nor do I believe he is elite. 

So we’re gonna play this game?  I didn’t say you said he was elite I said you pointed out selective successes that would paint him as elite.

Just keep your argument away from putting words in other peoples mouths, making insults and just stay with your comments correcting the misinformation or provide new information regarding his successful tenure here.  We don’t need the petty bickering.  

2 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

it's is the athletic program serious about winning and seriously committed.

This you nailed and hence Kelly has little choice here.  His plan is unraveling.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

Just keep your argument away from putting words in other peoples mouths, making insults and just stay with your comments correcting the misinformation or provide new information regarding his successful tenure here.  We don’t need the petty bickering.  

Sure and everyone else do the same

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Charlie Strong won 10 games in a season... and had the longest winning streak in USF history to start a season ... yet, he was fired after just one losing season.

not that I was upset about that firing ... but it didn't work out so well .... probably not the best example

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

image.png.bc9b9eb86af5f937bda488f249d65332.png

After last season I was fine with giving him another season. To follow up a  28-29 losing season with 21-39 record  is unacceptable and a complete failure. The program is nose diving and tail spinning in the wrong direction.  He got a few lucky wins in the AAC tournament and is not good enough of a coach to win the tournament to save his job.  148-158 overall record in six years is not worth keeping or giving a shot to lose three seasons in a row and fail even more like Jeff Scott. You may be in lucky though AD MK may give him an extension because he is a nice guy and the players like his culture.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

8 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

not that I was upset about that firing ... but it didn't work out so well .... probably not the best example

Well, if Mohl is fired... the next coach can technically do worse.... so....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

I’m trying to think of the last coach that we had in any major support that people did not call for them to be fired. 

There’s a lot of people out there.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

51 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Unfortunately both hires so far have been lackluster at best.  The key isn't the coach, it's is the athletic program serious about winning and seriously committed.  Otherwise, the firing of coaches is just to appease the fans that don't see the big picture anyway

I agree. I worry whether Michael Kelly can go out and hire a top coach. The basketball hire process was a mess, and the Golesh hire as well was questionable at best. Doesn't mean Golesh and Rahim can't end up being good hires and succeed, but right now I am not convinced Kelly can go out and hire the person he wants.

As to whether I believe Mohl deserves another year I am not sure since I have not seen enough baseball recently to have a strong opinion either way.

I value your opinion,  as well as Sk00b, Dave Glaser and others  since you guys have been following it closely.