• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB Turning the corner?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/28/2023 at 2:57 PM, SilverBull said:

Let me get this straight.  You could actually score from beyond the arc and no one for the Bulls recruited you?

Nope, my dream never happened. LOL.  I did get to run a few games in the rec center after the season with some of the guys.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488

Coach Gregory is one of the best coaches we’ve had since Seth Greenberg.  He has the X’s and O’s, energy, controlled demeanor, and is relatable to his players.  And I would rate his recruiting a B+ since he’s been here.  Both HS and transfers.

Ever since that Asst Coach was fired for being too aggressive with a player, he’s had some bad luck.

my 2 Benjamins 😊

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, Supersurch said:

my 2 Benjamins 😊

Inflation is worse than reported.  

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

8 hours ago, Supersurch said:

Coach Gregory is one of the best coaches we’ve had since Seth Greenberg.  He has the X’s and O’s, energy, controlled demeanor, and is relatable to his players.  And I would rate his recruiting a B+ since he’s been here.  Both HS and transfers.

Ever since that Asst Coach was fired for being too aggressive with a player, he’s had some bad luck.

my 2 Benjamins 😊

Well said. Hopefully he gets to stay around for next season. 14 wins is showing some progress compared to what was going on before after and before the CBI championship season 

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  170

Does anyone know what happened with coach Louis Rowe.  I have not seen him on the bench for a bit?

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,733

1 hour ago, Bull Awakening said:

Well said. Hopefully he gets to stay around for next season. 14 wins is showing some progress compared to what was going on before after and before the CBI championship season 

Also, if you look back at their schedule and count the number of losses that would likely be wins if they played today, the team is probably looking at a 20+ win season. Don't laugh! Go look at who we lost to and by how many points, and ask yourself if you'd pick today's team to win or lose. Chemistry is important in basketball, and it seems like the team has figured that part out. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

Root for Houston and Temple today (who both should be favorites), then a USF win at Wichita State will move the Bulls past both the Shockers and Nights, and into 6th in the AAC. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

8 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Root for Houston and Temple today (who both should be favorites), then a USF win at Wichita State will move the Bulls past both the Shockers and Nights, and into 6th in the AAC. 

How much does it matter finishing 6th rather than 7th?

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

How much does it matter finishing 6th rather than 7th?

I haven't looked at matchups for the AAC tourney, just my natural desire to see USF as high as possible in the standings. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502

3 hours ago, Bull Awakening said:

Unfortunately, we lose Harris, our main offensive weapon and ball-handler.  Unless we get another transfer to replace, we'll be back to the low scoring, grind it out defensive games.