• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Softball - Starts the Season Against Michigan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,032
  • Content Count:  7,505
  • Days Won:  10

I was speaking with someone at the basketball game last night who had a friend whose daughter plays travel ball and, supposedly, a very good player.  The friend said they were going to look at UCF as a place to play.  When asked why not USF, the dad said that they did but that CKE didn't even bother to meet with them despite him being at the facility.

He has no real social media presence, which I would think would be a must nowadays.  I supposed he expects his being the national team coach is enough to make great players flock here.

• Topic Count:  357
  • Content Count:  4,113
  • Days Won:  56

Lakewood Ranch High star pitcher Ella Dodge signed with Tennessee. Her Mom played for Ken at USF and they were regulars at games over the past few years. I don’t know if we recruited Ella and she just chose UT instead, but that’s a kid that probably should have been a priority to sign. Honestly, I was really surprised she didn’t sign with us. Way back in 7th grade she told me her goal was to play at USF. Maybe that changed over time, so I’m not placing any blame.

DSC_0020_copy_4_r850x580.jpg?50e13880ccc

These athletes combine experience and talent to find success in their respective sports.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

On 2/19/2023 at 10:51 AM, olafberserker said:

Then fire him ... let's see if it works out THIS time

I don't think one single person in this thread has said anything about firing him. Just wondering aloud why the hell we can't put together a consistent offense. CKE has put together, along with CJF and WBB, the most consistent athletic program on campus. But it's ok to think about what could be if we could be better with the bats.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

On 2/18/2023 at 11:20 PM, Ricky the Bull said:

Maybe we're the 4th/5th best team in the state because we have THIS head coach of the US team on the bench.

13 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

I don't think one single person in this thread has said anything about firing him. Just wondering aloud why the hell we can't put together a consistent offense. CKE has put together, along with CJF and WBB, the most consistent athletic program on campus. But it's ok to think about what could be if we could be better with the bats.

This is the quote I responded to.  If one believes we are being held back by a coach then the only logical next step is to fire the coach and hire one who will not hold us back.

1 hour ago, olafberserker said:

This is the quote I responded to.  If one believes we are being held back by a coach then the only logical next step is to fire the coach and hire one who will not hold us back.

I don't think you fire CKE, but moving him to a "front office" position would be the better way to go.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

52 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

I don't think you fire CKE, but moving him to a "front office" position would be the better way to go.

Same thing 

@Dave_Glaser@GoBulls84

6 hours ago, Ricky the Bull said:

No. He’s our coach. Just thought maybe there could be more under him. But I’m not willing to take the chance we go in the crapper under someone else.

21 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

No. He’s our coach. Just thought maybe there could be more under him. But I’m not willing to take the chance we go in the crapper under someone else.

I don't know what the answer is. 2-7 requires some hard questions be asked.

2 hours ago, Ricky the Bull said:

I don't know what the answer is. 2-7 requires some hard questions be asked.

They’ve had starts like that before and turned it around. Let’s see. But we do seem to have only one gear every year.