• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Alumni Day: Remembering the 1991-92 NCAA Tournament Team

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I was at that Louisville game, sitting in the very last row of the upper deck with my back against the back wall of the Sun Dome. Raucous!  Sold out. Those were the days. Big three by Derek Sharp and the banker by Gary to win. So sweet sending Denny Crum and the Cards home.

God bless you guys and your memory. I'm sure I was there but I have trouble remembering details of games last week ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I was behind the basket about 2 rows up from where he banked it, stormed the floor even.  Denny was a HOF, we had Dickie V sign our sign which said Something like the Cardinals didn’t know even know how to spell Louisville.  It was funny at the time I think, they had some questionable student athletes to say the least. 

Re the Lville athlete's academics, a comment about that got Tom Brookshire, an announcer, fired and ended his career. Said something about the total IQ of their team being 100.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,091
  • Days Won:  56

12 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Re the Lville athlete's academics, a comment about that got Tom Brookshire, an announcer, fired and ended his career. Said something about the total IQ of their team being 100.

Don’t know if that’s changed any since they joined the ACC, but - true

Only thing I can add is that the one offensive lineman that didn't get in here played at Lville.

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  567
  • Days Won:  1

With all the videos and twitter pictures about the reunion, did anyone see if Radenko Dobras was able to go to the game?  I was under the impression that he lives and works in Tampa now and goes to a few of the games during the season.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

7 minutes ago, Bullumni said:

With all the videos and twitter pictures about the reunion, did anyone see if Radenko Dobras was able to go to the game?  I was under the impression that he lives and works in Tampa now and goes to a few of the games during the season.

He's in this video and he's been going to almost every game during the season for years, as has CB ....

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  567
  • Days Won:  1

I guess I just didn't recognize him when I watched the Video.  I also knew he had been very active showing up at the games.

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

I've been around for most of those many years, having started watching MBB in 1972.   Brought to mind that in my on-campus days, it was this "bad" Penny  that was the trigger man and sparkplug for the Bulls.  

greene.jpg?preset=large.socialmediaimage

USF great Penny Greene was featured in a Showtime documentary about basketball in Washington, D.C.

9 hours ago, Bullumni said:

Pretty sure RD works at Morgan Stanley.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

7 hours ago, Bullumni said:

I guess I just didn't recognize him when I watched the Video.  I also knew he had been very active showing up at the games.

He was at the end of the video on the end, looks the same just no longer has any hair and I don’t think he wears those short shorts anymore either.