• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls vs UCF Knights

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  366
  • Days Won:  1

We shot 90% from free throw line today, if we can stay above 75% most games we can win for sure. We would be above .500 if we would of shot above 70%.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

Every once in a while a shining moment. Happy Blue Moon Blind Squirrel Saturday!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,700
  • Days Won:  7

We had a winner's mentality today. We finished that one like men. Great win!

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,733
  • Days Won:  0

Crowd was great today. Almost felt like the old days and not just because so many USF all-time greats were in attendance. It got a little chippy between a few players at the end, and a spontaneous USF! USF! USF! chant broke out. 

So many cool highlights too. Awesome experience today! Go Bulls! 😁🤘

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Cmr3 said:

We shot 90% from free throw line today, if we can stay above 75% most games we can win for sure. We would be above .500 if we would of shot above 70%.

Blows my mind these guys can't hit free throws in some of the games. That's all i can make when i play 😆.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

What a great atmosphere at today's game! Lots of students in the crowd of ~5500 standing and chanting the entire game, recognizing the MBB alumni at halftime and, of course, the drubbing of that team to the east.

The players really got into encouraging the crowd and they fed off that energy.

My only disappointment is that they didn't individually recognize the alumni players by name at halftime.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

Fun atmosphere today for sure. Best time I’ve had in that building in quite some time. Tyler Harris was big time, again.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

9 hours ago, Friscobull said:

You are not in the minority, some of us simply have different ways of coping with our journey into irrelevance.  Trips is in denial and pretends this is a good thing not to have a close rival to hate.

I don't correlate our relevance to any other program but ours and I think it's pathetic that some do. I couldn't give a rat's ass whether it's a good or a bad thing to have a close rival to hate, this is all about me. Been dealing with those ********* fans pretty much ever since I discovered sports message boards a couple of decades ago and anything that creates less interaction with them is a great thing ..... good ******* riddance. Thankfully we have 9 days or so to air out the YC before I head back.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  3,700
  • Days Won:  7

7 hours ago, Ricky the Bull said:

What a great atmosphere at today's game! Lots of students in the crowd of ~5500 standing and chanting the entire game, recognizing the MBB alumni at halftime and, of course, the drubbing of that team to the east.

The players really got into encouraging the crowd and they fed off that energy.

My only disappointment is that they didn't individually recognize the alumni players by name at halftime.

Only the old people in the crowd would even recognize any of the names. They wouldn't want to disrupt the zoomers making their Snapchat videos in the student section by boring them with names they wouldn't even know.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

UCF Logo
UCF 13-6,4-3 AAC
South Fla. Logo
South Fla. 9-11,2-5 AAC
Score By Periods
Team 1 2 F
UCF 33 39 72
South Fla. 38 47 85

Game Recap: Men's Basketball | January 21, 2023

Harris nets career-high 33 in War On I-4 win for USF men’s basketball

Tyler Harris knocked down six three-pointers in an 85-72 win on Saturday.

Temple

Next Game:

at Temple

1/25/2023 | 7:00 P.M.

ESPN+

102.5 HD-2 & Bulls Unlimited (TuneIn)

TAMPA (January 21, 2023)Tyler Harris posted his second 30-point effort in the last four games while playing in his first chapter of the War On I-4 to help lift the University of South Florida Bulls (9-11, 2-5 AAC) over the UCF Knights (13-6, 4-3 AAC) on Saturday afternoon at the Yuengling Center, 85-72.

Harris knocked down six three-pointers and went a perfect 13-for-13 from the free throw line to finish the day with a career-high 33 points. The fifth-year senior scored 31 at No. 1 Houston on January 11th.

South Florida led for over 34 minutes in the contest, but it was a fight to the finish as the teams battled back-and-forth, as the Bulls and Knights often do, until USF claimed a double-digit lead with five minutes left to play and never let up.

Sam Hines Jr. scored 11 points, including the first seven of the day for USF, with a three-pointer in the opening minutes and a pair of thunderous dunks that brought the crowd of 5,715 to their feet where they remained for the duration of the game.

Selton Miguel added 10 points and Russel Tchewa pulled down a game-high 12 rebounds.

"I've said it before, but this is as big of a rivalry game as I've been a part of in my career," said head coach Brian Gregory. "I have all the respect in the world for Coach Dawkins. UCF is a talented and physical team, but credit our guys for being up to the challenge. I'm proud of the way our guys responded after a letdown on Wednesday. It was a total team effort today. We were really good on the offensive glass, played great defense in the first half and moved the ball really well on offense in the second half. It was a great crowd and a great atmosphere today – we're thankful for the energy that SoFlo Rodeo has brought the last two games."

After Hines Jr. got the offense rolling in the opening minutes, the teams traded blows until a seven-point run with triples by Harris and Corey Walker Jr. staked USF to a 21-16 lead with 8:59 on the clock.

UCF continued to match USF up and down the court though, including a 50 percent clip (6-12) from downtown in the first half. The Bulls knocked down their final four attempts of the opening half to carry a 38-33 lead into the break.

A pair of free throws by Harris staked USF to the lead for good at the 17:41 mark of the second half, but it remained a two-possession game until the halfway point. With the Knights chipping away, Jamir Chaplin completed a three-point play at the charity stripe after a fastbreak layup to extend the Bulls' lead back to 48-43 with 13:50 on the clock.

Harris put the game away for good with his first of two consecutive three-pointers with 5:05 left on the clock to ultimately give USF a 75-62 lead with 4:41 left to play.

Notable

• Harris' 13 made free throws are the most without a miss in program single-game history.
  • Harris also matched his career high with seven assists.
  • The Bulls posted 19 total assists – third-most this season.
  • USF won the rebounding battle, 41-30, including 15 offensive boards for 22 second-chance points.
  • The Bulls shot a season-best 91 percent (20-22) from the free throw line.

Up Next

The Bulls open a two-game road trip at Temple on Wednesday, January 25 before visiting SMU on Sunday, January 29.           

• Upvote 1