• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

big 12 got destroyed 7-65… karma

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, StDee said:

So basically you have no idea how GOR works.

GOR can be dissolved 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

36 minutes ago, michibull said:

While “fun” travel cities are cool for the 5k fans going to away games, it does not benefit USF at all. It is the teams coming to Tampa that helps us and a 6-6 Texas Tech will net us 50-100% more fans to RayJay/OCS than a 10-2 Tulane team. Since WVU/Syracuse/Pitt/Louisville left, our attendance has dropped considerably (and that is including QF’s team). With so much to do around Tampa, you need marque games to get people to the stadium and the B12>>>>>AAC. 

UCF responded to adversity by showing up, donating, investing, etc. 

I don't have any issue with what you said but if our fan base responds to adversity by disengaging, then it is a self fulfilling prophecy.

Everyone can agree it sucks. The next question is how we respond. My point is we should look at the positives and continue to show up

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

bored christopher walken GIF

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

2 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

If the Big 12 is a sinking ship, what does that make the AAC?  They recently signed a TV deal, and even without Texas and OU, they will be making 5x what the AAC does.  If they lose a school or two, they will simply pick up an AAC school and the AAC school will say yes in less than 10 seconds.  

On a side note, why did we schedule Alabama?  Why?  I am expecting about 70-0 after Alabama calls off the dogs, but I don't see the point in this game at this time.   

When given the opportunity we should play the best teams we can. There was a time when we believed we could win any game. There was a time when we beat a ranked Notre Dame, FSU, and Auburn at their place. Certainly I don't believe we will beat Alabama next year, or the year after, but I do believe we can get back to the days where we feel where we have a chance. 

Besides Alabama we will play 8-9 games in the AAC. For the non AAC games we should play as many power 5 teams as we can.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

We also play Alabama because people will ***** that our home schedule sucks in the new conference. 

And then you point out that we got BAMA AT HOME and then it's mental gymnastics that it somehow doesn't count.

I think it's great. We don't need last year's OOC sched but we also don't need a full slate of cupcakes. Let's get more big names to come to Tampa baby.

Can’t know the AAC as they had a good bowl season. Tulane won the Cotton Bowl. So no one can knock the AAC right now. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

Just now, Bull Awakening said:

Can’t know the AAC as they had a good bowl season. Tulane won the Cotton Bowl. So no one can knock the AAC right now. 

While I agree the AAC will be a decent conference over the next 2 years; the Big 12 is by far the better conference. Not just today, but in the future. There is a reason that some on this board fawn when we get third string players out of the Big 12 to transfer to USF.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

While I agree the AAC will be a decent conference over the next 2 years; the Big 12 is by far the better conference. Not just today, but in the future. There is a reason that some on this board fawn when we get third string players out of the Big 12 to transfer to USF.

We are going to be fine. Especially when that ACC invite becomes a reality. Big 12 will continue to lose teams…

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

7 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

We are going to be fine. Especially when that ACC invite becomes a reality. Big 12 will continue to lose teams…

You keep saying the ACC invite is becoming a reality  is that your dream or do you have any evidence to support that? What do you see from our football or basketball  team that makes you think the ACC would want to invite Usf ? Unless all of the better programs leave we are not bringing  anything to the conference unless we find lightning  in a bottle for several seasons and sustain success again like the old days. I would love an acc invite but we have one fbs win in 3 seasons.... we need to win in the aac first. 

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

The AAC is a decent conference.  Tulane won the Cotton bowl and isn't going anywhere and they brought in some decent teams (UAB, UTSA, UNT, FAU).  But we would all give our left nut to get into the Big 12. Bottom line.  Anyone that says otherwise is lying.  

• Upvote 1