• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"Just Gotta Win"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

On 1/3/2023 at 4:52 PM, Friscobull said:

Not drinking at all, cold turkey, would be my longest stretch since Basic Training the week after I turned 18, 35 plus years ago.

Let me tempt you with this. 10 reasons Bourbon is good for you.  :FIREdevil:

10-benefits-bourbon-768x496-1.jpg

When done responsibly and in moderation, scientific studies have shown the suggested health benefits of our beloved Bourbon! Here are 10 benefits we found

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Days Won:  25

38 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

When done responsibly and in moderation, scientific studies have shown the suggested health benefits of our beloved Bourbon! Here are 10 benefits we found

It's only day 5 man don't tempt me.

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

It's only day 5 man don't tempt me.

image.png.248e9b8eb9d0b3d9213b977ccaf422a1.png

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I am more craft beer, red wine and Tito’s, however enjoy Canadian whiskey.  The weekends will be the hardest, I don’t drink much at all during the week but not sure what I am going to do with myself on the weekend.  I actually do feel really good though. 

5 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I am more craft beer, red wine and Tito’s, however enjoy Canadian whiskey.  The weekends will be the hardest, I don’t drink much at all during the week but not sure what I am going to do with myself on the weekend.  I actually do feel really good though. 

6 days in and you feel like a new man. Believing the hype. If you don't drink during the week and we're into Friday night you should feel about the same as any week.  And you do know I'm just bustin' balls here.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Days Won:  25

29 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

6 days in and you feel like a new man. Believing the hype. If you don't drink during the week and we're into Friday night you should feel about the same as any week.  And you do know I'm just bustin' balls here.

I don't typically drink during the week either.

10 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

First I am not quitting drinking, I like it too much and secondly I said I don’t drink much during the week but I end up having drinks 3 and 4 days a week.  Thirdly I know you are busting my balls and I deserve that.  Fourthly I am wondering if I can drop 10 pounds by doing this which will encourage me to limit my intake in the future. Fifthly it is a tad bit boring.  Sixthly bite my ass 😀

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

First I am not quitting drinking, I like it too much and secondly I said I don’t drink much during the week but I end up having drinks 3 and 4 days a week.  Thirdly I know you are busting my balls and I deserve that.  Fourthly I am wondering if I can drop 10 pounds by doing this which will encourage me to limit my intake in the future. Fifthly it is a tad bit boring.  Sixthly bite my ass 😀

image.png.6f3abe59a648564ca5c2b2cf2ba366fd.png

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

This seems to be the hip thing to do.  I don’t drink during the week, but I completely rock-star it like a college kid on weekends. I always notice how good I feel on Friday after 5 days without drinking, so I have no problem believing that going past 5 days would be even better.  Gonna have to take your word for it—I treat every weekend like it could be my last.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

This seems to be the hip thing to do.  I don’t drink during the week, but I completely rock-star it like a college kid on weekends. I always notice how good I feel on Friday after 5 days without drinking, so I have no problem believing that going past 5 days would be even better.  Gonna have to take your word for it—I treat every weekend like it could be my last.

I am not doing it to be hip, simply health reasons only and it felt like the right time. Used to dip fairly regularly and eventually just kinda grew out of it, same with smoking while I drank, it faded away.  I don’t see alcohol going completely away but I was exactly like you and I am having to take a more proactive approach to limit my intake in the future.  I remember people taking this challenge and I used to think no way, this year I said why not, it was time. 

• Upvote 1