• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

"Just Gotta Win"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Days Won:  0

Isn't this the purpose of his job?  Must be a closely guarded secret.  If only the old coach learned this secret sooner. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

On 12/30/2022 at 11:07 AM, Outlaw said:

WE could use NEB and his  tea wisdom these days. 

He simply finished a degree at KU (where he started) and jumped alliances, and I can’t say I blame him.  Eventually everyone has their breaking point and he had finally had enough.  I am amazed anyone that is no longer local follows this team anymore, what is the point when they are no fun to watch and you aren’t able to attend any of the activities to feel like you are a part of something.  Hopefully this changes once we start winning again, until then fans will continue to defect.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  11,946
  • Days Won:  25

31 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

He simply finished a degree at KU (where he started) and jumped alliances, and I can’t say I blame him.  Eventually everyone has their breaking point and he had finally had enough.  I am amazed anyone that is no longer local follows this team anymore, what is the point when they are no fun to watch and you aren’t able to attend any of the activities to feel like you are a part of something.  Hopefully this changes once we start winning again, until then fans will continue to defect.  

There is only one thing that changes that and it isn't a fake positive culture that someone else created. Golesh says it but can he do it...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,941
  • Days Won:  10

27 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I think the reason I have stuck around and am still following the team closely even though I was a student in the early 2000's and live now far away from the Tampa region is the the hope of  the next year. No matter how we suck: I have always the hope that the following year things will be different. Even last season with all the transfer portal players coming in I believed that we would have been able to tun the corner.

For next season, even though I would have hired a more experienced coach; and I am not sure whether Coach Golesh is the answer; nevertheless I am hopeful that next year things will be different, that we will turner the corner; and start winning games again. Also excited about the OCS; no doubt  this will bring life into the program.

Happy new year to all on the board; and I think it will be an interesting year for USF football.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, belgianbull said:

I think the reason I have stuck around and am still following the team closely even though I was a student in the early 2000's and live now far away from the Tampa region is the the hope of  the next year. No matter how we suck: I have always the hope that the following year things will be different. Even last season with all the transfer portal players coming in I believed that we would have been able to tun the corner.

For next season, even though I would have hired a more experienced coach; and I am not sure whether Coach Golesh is the answer; nevertheless I am hopeful that next year things will be different, that we will turner the corner; and start winning games again. Also excited about the OCS; no doubt  this will bring life into the program.

Happy new year to all on the board; and I think it will be an interesting year for USF football.

I was about 10 years before  you and without a football team.  I agree with the next year optimism however apathy has begun to rear its ugly head. I missed more games last season then I have in the prior 5 seasons combined.  I not only didn’t watch the hoops game on Thursday but forgot it was on and didn’t see the score until the next day.  I don’t have any interest in traveling to any road games next year even though one is in San Antonio where I used to live and still have friends there and can drive,  Riverwalk is a great place to stay and you can walk to the game from all the hotels. We have never been this low for this long and it is taking its toll. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  6

56 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I was about 10 years before  you and without a football team.  I agree with the next year optimism however apathy has begun to rear its ugly head. I missed more games last season then I have in the prior 5 seasons combined.  I not only didn’t watch the hoops game on Thursday but forgot it was on and didn’t see the score until the next day.  I don’t have any interest in traveling to any road games next year even though one is in San Antonio where I used to live and still have friends there and can drive,  Riverwalk is a great place to stay and you can walk to the game from all the hotels. We have never been this low for this long and it is taking its toll. 

I feel ya. I haven’t been to a USF football road game since the 2017 loss to ucf and I still have no desire to hit the road to see them play. Hell, even driving the hour from Bradenton to RayJay these past few years has been a chore, and RayJay gets more depressing by the year. I have no enthusiasm towards Golesh or next season at all. Hello apathy. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,934
  • Days Won:  38

17 hours ago, USFRaider said:

I feel ya. I haven’t been to a USF football road game since the 2017 loss to ucf and I still have no desire to hit the road to see them play. Hell, even driving the hour from Bradenton to RayJay these past few years has been a chore, and RayJay gets more depressing by the year. I have no enthusiasm towards Golesh or next season at all. Hello apathy. 

No Navy game?  #comeonman

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Days Won:  19

If I hit any road trips this year it will be for the travel experience and to see my Bulls fan friends that I miss.  The games have become sort of a nuisance accompanying the travel. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,203
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/29/2022 at 7:01 PM, El_Toro_86 said:

All Scott talked about was Clemson because that's all he knew.  Once the Clemson playbook didn't work here he was lost.

I think that's the difference.  Scott knew recruiting at Clemson. Not sure he did a ton of playcalling at Clemson.  

Golesh can recruit but he also has a history of playcalling and adapting to the talent he has. This goes behind the larger plays but also to things like how a certain blocking scheme matches the personnel on the OL.  Scott and his staff didn't do much of that and weren't great at finding the proper fits for what they wanted to do while recruiting. 

I don't know if Golesh will work out but Scott was pretty much only a Clemson guy during his coaching career.  He mostly only worked under Swinney. Golesh has a much more diverse background as a coach.  Went through 2 coaches at Illinois and was retained. Then was brought in by Matt Campbell at Iowa State then Heupel. 

Matt Campbell has a strong focus on the trenches, especially the offensive line. Campbell has been a more adaptive coach between his time at Toledo and Iowa State. I expect Golesh is similar. He assesses the strengths of his players against the weaknesses and implements schemes that fit the talent. Scott could not do that.

He also has clearly worked really hard at the outset here.  He has the determination pretty clearly.  Not it's a question of if he can do the job. Find a way to win quickly and the recruits will come.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,188
  • Days Won:  42

On 12/31/2022 at 12:24 PM, Friscobull said:

Just a crazy time to jump ship. USF now has an IPF & an OCS on the way. We have the 12 team playoff starting. Hard to give up the addiction to USF especially during these times.