• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF OCS, dream or reality

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, bulloni said:

It does mention on the bottom that this was a draft from January 9th.

I'm sure they are continuously making drafts, we give them our feedback, and they make updates. So even if this is real it may be pretty different from what we end up building. Which I think was the point of them not releasing renderings already

Most definitely, imagine they had a couple "initial ideas", a place to start, a place to build from. 

Would be cool if the overhang was retractable for sun protection, but can roll it back for things like night games and storms. Retractable roof, but cheap and effective. Either way, a green-themed stadium makes me super excited to see. Cannot wait! 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

27 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Either way, a green-themed stadium makes me super excited to see. Cannot wait! 

Not having 40k+ red seats at every game is honestly what i'm most excited about. Everything else is just gravy

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, michibull said:

If you look at our attendance before the BE, it was low, during the BE, we had really good attendance (yes, winning helped but even during Blackwell’s career, still not great), post BE our attendance is pathetic (even when we were wining 80% of our games with QF). Our students and fan base are apathetic and borderline dislike our athletics program and that’s real. If that is to change, there needs to be a major investment and an OCS is that investment. It impact culture, atmosphere, pride, convenience and tradition. QF’s era is proof enough that winning in the AAC is not enough, there needs to be more and the OCS will help with that and it will help with us getting into a real conference. Winning alone is not enough, just look at the Tampa Bay Rays, they are probably the best example of a consistently winning team in a crap stadium location and crap atmosphere and no fan support. 

Our attendance is not pathetic.  This is misinformation that continues to be thrown around.  The data does not support this alleged apathetic fan base

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Our attendance is not pathetic.  This is misinformation that continues to be thrown around.  The data does not support this alleged apathetic fan base

I can confirm attendance is pathetic. It is at an all-time low point for the 15 seasons we’ve been ticket holders. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

17 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

I can confirm attendance is pathetic. It is at an all-time low point for the 15 seasons we’ve been ticket holders. 

I appreciate your confirmation, but the data doesn't support it

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

I'm gonna venture a guess that thus changes significantly between when it was done (1+ month ago) and when pencils are down (another 6-12 months?)

That being said, it's exciting see even the early thoughts. Definitely a boost!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

5 hours ago, michibull said:

If you look at our attendance before the BE, it was low, during the BE, we had really good attendance (yes, winning helped but even during Blackwell’s career, still not great), post BE our attendance is pathetic (even when we were wining 80% of our games with QF). Our students and fan base are apathetic and borderline dislike our athletics program and that’s real. If that is to change, there needs to be a major investment and an OCS is that investment. It impact culture, atmosphere, pride, convenience and tradition. QF’s era is proof enough that winning in the AAC is not enough, there needs to be more and the OCS will help with that and it will help with us getting into a real conference. Winning alone is not enough, just look at the Tampa Bay Rays, they are probably the best example of a consistently winning team in a crap stadium location and crap atmosphere and no fan support. 

I agree with most all you are saying. But bringing up crap location for Ray Jay when the Bucs fill it every Sunday and the Lightning fill an arena with no parking available shows that the other problems you mentioned are greater than the the stadium location. Even when USF was winning, as you mentioned, that same stadium was empty.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

I certainly hope they will bring in focus groups early on.  It would be nice to ask us what we think of the early designs so they can be tweaked by those who will actually be sitting in the seats.  Groups should include high-end donors that will want a premium club experience, other donors that want premium seats and some kind of a/c area to cool down in, long time fans that will buy in the non-premium, non-club home side areas, season ticket holders who bring kids to games with or without club experience, students that have loyally attended the last couple years, etc.  I know they've done umpteen surveys about this, but nothing beats a focus group looking at a model with renderings and able to ask questions and provide feedback.

GO BULLS!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

40 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

I appreciate your confirmation, but the data doesn't support it

Don't want to go all Joey Knight on you, but there is a huge difference between the numbers/tickets distributed and the atmosphere not generated by no-shows.

• Upvote 1