• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

has the new coach announced any of his assistants

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, bulloni said:

To be fair fans are idiots and don’t know much about what actually is responsible for a teams success/failures

there are USF fans who were excited to replace Leavitt with Skip. Hell there were USF fans excited to replace Willie with Strong

I wonder where the program would be if we never fired Leavitt? Do you think we would better than four straight losing seasons and one fbs game in 3 seasons?

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

8 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I wonder where the program would be if we never fired Leavitt? Do you think we would better than four straight losing seasons and one fbs game in 3 seasons?

For those of you that need to get your jollies from CJL and can't buy Playboy anymore, here's a photo of him from Thanksgiving. I cropped the others out since they aren't public figures.

image.jpeg.86acbbb115b1d912a584d00ebe148c15.jpeg

• Go Bulls! 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

9 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Be hard not to ....... but we probably would have been better than that if we hadn't fired Skip so don't see the point you're trying to make.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  106
  • Days Won:  0

Skip went on the do well at La Tech for several years. CJL- well you know he pretty much soared after USF. I know all the chips fell into place Cinderella style-and it wasn't merited, but I'll always remember when USF RANKED #2 IN THE NATION! I think I see some CJL in cag🤔

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/17/2022 at 8:53 PM, NAIROBIBULL said:

Skip went on the do well at La Tech for several years. CJL- well you know he pretty much soared after USF. I know all the chips fell into place Cinderella style-and it wasn't merited, but I'll always remember when USF RANKED #2 IN THE NATION! I think I see some CJL in cag🤔

I know it's kind of a joke that "we were ranked #2 once", but everyone forgets the next season we were ranked #10 or #11 for a little while.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Just saw we got Colorado’s OC last year as our new TE coach, seems like a good hire.

was Minnesota’s TE coach for 4 years before that

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

11 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I know it's kind of a joke that "we were ranked #2 once", but everyone forgets the next season we were ranked #10 or #11 for a little while.

You are right I did forget that.  The buzz was real back then.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

On 12/16/2022 at 4:42 PM, Skingraft said:

Not a great resume at all. Let's hope he's better than his resume suggests

16 years of coaching and has coached offense AND defense...seems like a great resume to me.

Working primarily with the cornerbacks at JMU (2019-22), Birkett guided three Dukes to all-conference honors and had one earn FCS All-America honors at cornerback in 2021.

During that span, the JMU defense ranked top 10 nationally in total defense in each of those seasons, including in the 2022 season, its first competing at the FBS level. The Dukes were also top 10 in scoring defense in each of their final three seasons while an FCS member.

In 2022, JMU's defense was among the best in the Sun Belt and the nation, helping the team to an 8-3 record and 6-2 mark in conference play to finish tied atop the East Division. The Dukes ranked second nationally in first-down defense (13.82), fifth in third-down defense (28.4%), eighth in total defense (289.5) and 10th in takeaways (24). JMU additionally ranked 29th in scoring defense, allowing 20.9 points per game.

In 2021, JMU led the nation in takeaways (31). Of the team's 18 interceptions, Birkett's corners accounted for seven, including a team-leading four from FCS All-American Greg Ross, who also had a team-high 12 pass breakups.

Birkett came to JMU following a seven-year stint on staff at Maine (2012-18), which included five on the defensive side of the ball. He was defensive backs coach for the 2017 and 2018 seasons, while also leading the cornerbacks for three years (2014-16) and running backs (2013) and tight ends (2012) for one season each.

He was part of leading Maine's defense to ranking as one of the nation's best at the FCS level. In 2018, the Black Bears turned in their best season in program history, winning the CAA championship, reaching the FCS semifinals for the first time ever, and leading the league in six defensive categories.

• Go Bulls! 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

5e0a6263c9c9cec2728825bc6fb0128c

Tennessee's Jared Peery joins USF's staff as a quarterback analyst.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

35 minutes ago, E.T. said:
5e0a6263c9c9cec2728825bc6fb0128c

Tennessee's Jared Peery joins USF's staff as a quarterback analyst.

Interesting so we are going for Tennessee South this time instead of Clemson south. Lets hope it works out. Peery was  graduate assistant to  quarterback analyst. Is that a QB coach assistant or just a guy that helps the qb coach, receivers coach, and passing game coach? I hope it works out. Intersting enough Clemson is playing Tennessee in the bowl game. I hope Tennessee beats the brakes off of Clemson for Hooker and Clemson gifted us the co-oc that failed as coach.

Edited by Outlaw