• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I have an offer for Michael Kelly

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

25 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Heupel did change up their schemes and incorporated more of an Oklahoma  fast paced deep ball passing spread attack  I believe. Same scheme at Tennessee 

With how well USF OL & QB are doing now i hope they keep momentum 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/4/2022 at 8:22 AM, Bull94 said:

didn't say we couldn't afford him. Glad we didn't overpay for him.

sorry but coaches aren't all that special. a complete newcomer like Dionne came in and won with his paid players.

Recruiting is all that matters. I can't count the number of times I've heard that the only reason Taggart had any success was because he had Flowers and mack etc.

Do you seriously think all of Deion’s JSU players are highly ranked? Give the man some credit on putting a coaching staff and team together. 

I also think I’ve told you this before, how did Jimbo do with the best recruiting class this year? Having the “best” doesn’t equate to success. It takes a leader to bring the best together to play as a team. It takes a leader to inspire his team to play to their best or beyond. That’s a coach. That’s a leader. With NIL it’s going to take a leader to keep these kids/young men in check to stay focused on their future (on the field and off the field).

Edited by CycleBull

On 12/6/2022 at 12:14 AM, BULLSHTR said:

This. I heard Moron Sanders tell his new players they should be focusing on the NFL, not NIL… says the guy making almost $6M a year with 0 FBS wins. Not gonna be much NIL money left over after they are done backing the Brinks truck up to his new 10-car garage. Most of the players in college don’t make it to the NFL, Slimetime.

Maybe he’s trying to give them a goal to work towards. Maybe it’s about instilling a vision of elevating yourself to new levels? Maybe we need more people in this world pushing us a little harder and showing us something different. Let’s say they strive to be NFL players and they up their stock and get NIL money or some end up playing in the NFL. It’s all about the challenge to see how far they can go. I didn’t listen or read the post, but maybe there is more!

• Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 hours ago, CycleBull said:

Do you seriously think all of Deion’s JSU players are highly ranked? Give the man some credit on putting a coaching staff and team together. 

I also think I’ve told you this before, how did Jimbo do with the best recruiting class this year? Having the “best” doesn’t equate to success. It takes a leader to bring the best together to play as a team. It takes a leader to inspire his team to play to their best or beyond. That’s a coach. That’s a leader. With NIL it’s going to take a leader to keep these kids/young men in check to stay focused on their future (on the field and off the field).

you're quoting me in regards to Chadwell. I am still glad we didn't overpay for him.

The only one worth overpaying for IMO was Dion. Recruiting is absolutely essential in college. Dion won because he had MUCH better players than all his opponents. not because of his superior coaching skills and player development.

Jimbo fisher competed against the SEC with highly rated high schoolers. Almost everybody in the SEC has highly rated recruits. This isn't basketball where kids come in ready to compete their first year. Most of the time they need to develop in college first. especially in the SEC.

much different than competing with highly rated players against the SWAC. Fisher isn't a bad coach either so I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

46 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

you're quoting me in regards to Chadwell. I am still glad we didn't overpay for him.

The only one worth overpaying for IMO was Dion. Recruiting is absolutely essential in college. Dion won because he had MUCH better players than all his opponents. not because of his superior coaching skills and player development.

Jimbo fisher competed against the SEC with highly rated high schoolers. Almost everybody in the SEC has highly rated recruits. This isn't basketball where kids come in ready to compete their first year. Most of the time they need to develop in college first. especially in the SEC.

much different than competing with highly rated players against the SWAC. Fisher isn't a bad coach either so I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

Maybe I’m confused at the individual you are discussing. Are Dionne and Dion the same as Deion Sanders? Because that is exactly what I’m referencing in the post I replied to.

Edited by CycleBull

37 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

Maybe I’m confused at the individual you are discussing. Are Dionne and Dion the same as Deion Sanders? Because that is exactly what I’m referencing in the post I replied to.

Sanders. Yes.

He didn't win because of his superior x's and o's. Or because he is some great motivator. or because he had some great coaching staff.

he won because he had way more talent than the people he was competing against.

Jimbo had a highly rated freshman class. He didn't win because he is competing in the SEC where everybody has highly rated classes and were more developed. I guarantee that class would have dominated at JSU.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

49 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Sanders. Yes.

He didn't win because of his superior x's and o's. Or because he is some great motivator. or because he had some great coaching staff.

he won because he had way more talent than the people he was competing against.

Jimbo had a highly rated freshman class. He didn't win because he is competing in the SEC where everybody has highly rated classes and were more developed. I guarantee that class would have dominated at JSU.

Do you follow Jackson State closely? I don't think it is fair to say that Deion won simply because he had more talent. He and his staff still had to coach. We really don't know what Deion did or didn't do, but we will soon see how it translates to Colorado. People forget that football success is so much more than X's and O's. It's about fit. Just look at Skip Holtz. He was a good fit at ECU and La Tech, but a terrible one for USF. Going from Leavitt to Holtz was such a dramatic change for our program and culture that it was destined to fail.

It's also about hunger and drive. Deion seems to have it. Just look at Les Miles if you want an example of how important that hunger to win is for a HC. His first season as an HC was his only losing season for 16 years. Then he went to Kansas and went 3-9 in year one and then an abysmal 0-9 in year 2. There was no fire left in his belly. No appetite. 

Next, you have to have the ability to be a leader of young men and older men. Putting together a staff that shares your vision, buys into your philosophy, and believes in you is crucial. Just hiring them isn't enough though, as you have to make it all jell and be able to communicate. 

In college, you have to be the face of the program and get your donor base to give and support you. A few influential boosters that feel slighted could spell the end of your tenure at your job, even if your performance is acceptable. 

Probably most important is your ability to recruit. To get players and their families to trust you and believe you and your program are the best fit for their son. You have to earn the trust and respect of high school coaches as well in order to gain the access to these players that assist in getting them in the door. 

Finally, after you have done all of the above, the offensive and defensive scheme, game planning, and adaptability come into play. X's and O's do win games, but not before everything else you had to do to get there.  

Personally, I think Deion would have been a much better fit at USF. The area, the culture, the energy would have been with him here. Sure, it would have only been for 2 or 3 years, but he would have provide a jolt of electricity and excitement that would have jumpstarted the campaign for the OCS. Alas, it didn't work out and we are moving on with the slow build approach. There is no point lamenting this situation and it's time to just support Coach Go. 

Edited by BullyPulpit

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

Do you follow Jackson State closely? I don't think it is fair to say that Deion won simply because he had more talent. He and his staff still had to coach. We really don't know what Deion did or didn't do, but we will soon see how it translates to Colorado. People forget that football success is so much more than X's and O's. It's about fit. Just look at Skip Holtz. He was a good fit at ECU and La Tech, but a terrible one for USF. Going from Leavitt to Holtz was such a dramatic change for our program and culture that it was destined to fail.

It's also about hunger and drive. Deion seems to have it. Just look at Les Miles if you want an example of how important that hunger to win is for a HC. His first season as an HC was his only losing season for 16 years. Then he went to Kansas and went 3-9 in year one and then an abysmal 0-9 in year 2. There was no fire left in his belly. No appetite. 

Next, you have to have the ability to be a leader of young men and older men. Putting together a staff that shares your vision, buys into your philosophy, and believes in you is crucial. Just hiring them isn't enough though, as you have to make it all jell and be able to communicate. 

In college, you have to be the face of the program and get your donor base to give and support you. A few influential boosters that feel slighted could spell the end of your tenure at your job, even if your performance is acceptable. 

Probably most important is your ability to recruit. To get players and their families to trust you and believe you and your program are the best fit for their son. You have to earn the trust and respect of high school coaches as well in order to gain the access to these players that assist in getting them in the door. 

Finally, after you have done all of the above, the offensive and defensive scheme, game planning, and adaptability come into play. X's and O's do win games, but not before everything else you had to do to get there.  

Personally, I think Deion would have been a much better fit at USF. The area, the culture, the energy would have been with him here. Sure, it would have only been for 2 or 3 years, but he would have provide a jolt of electricity and excitement that would have jumpstarted the campaign for the OCS. Alas, it didn't work out and we are moving on with the slow build approach. There is no point lamenting this situation and it's time to just support Coach Go. 

obviously they had to coach some.

he was there for 3 years while his only coaching experience was in high school. Colorado did not hire him because he is a great x's and o's guy.

His OC was an assistant QB coach at Nevada.

I wonder how much of his staff he is bringing with him?

Listen He was my top choice. I think the recruits he would bring in could easily win at this level. Even without a superior scheme. The energy he would bring would get people talking. Donations and ticket sales would go up.

He won at JSU because he had superior players. Not because he had some great coaching staff and they out schemed their opponents.

Edited by Bull94

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,658
  • Days Won:  29

Image preview