• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I have an offer for Michael Kelly

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

Dear VPMK,

If USF is poor and we cant hire a decent head coach, then I have an offer for you. Hire me to be the head coach. Ill take 80k a year. Give me $75k a year for each assistant. Ill go find some high school coaches, bullspen members, former players, students, homeless guys, etc.

Hell Ill coach basketball for free if that job opens. Expectations are already low, how much worse could I do? The next 3 years as I likely lead us to a similar record as Jeff Scott you can save our tv 💰 and then have money for a decent HC in 3 years after you fire me.

Honestly this is a better plan than what you have come up with. Heres my number, call me maybe?

Flsportsfan83

• Haha 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

If we couldn't land Deion then I'm glad we went cheap.

Save the donors money to put towards the players.

We will see a huge shift in college football from bloated coaches salaries more towards player salaries.

Imagine if we had overpayed for tom allen or manny diaz.

the guy helped turn a 4th string va tech QB into the #2 qbr rated qb in the country.

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

If the plan was to throw in the towell and go cheap just promote from within. Hell even Chad Morris would have been better.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

If the plan was to throw in the towell and go cheap just promote from within. Hell even Chad Morris would have been better.

read his bio. he literally took a 4th string QB from Va Tech and turned him into the #2 QB in the country. Don't overpay your coach. Save the money for recruiting players. I think it's a genius move. Definitely won't be a popular move but very well could be a shrewd move.from TENN website

In the last two years combined as a playcaller, including his year at UCF, Golesh’s offense is averaging a nation-best 3.06 plays per minute and 1.53 points per minute, which is third in the FBS during that span. Both of his years as an offensive coordinator have seen Golesh’s offenses finish in the FBS top 10 in scoring offense and total offense.

321591_20210310_FB_Headshot_AF_010.jpg?w

Follow @CoachGolesh updated May 2022 Alex Golesh made an immediate impact as Tennessee’s offensive

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

21 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

read his bio. he literally took a 4th string QB from Va Tech and turned him into the #2 QB in the country. Don't overpay your coach. Save the money for recruiting players. I think it's a genius move. Definitely won't be a popular move but very well could be a shrewd move.from TENN website

In the last two years combined as a playcaller, including his year at UCF, Golesh’s offense is averaging a nation-best 3.06 plays per minute and 1.53 points per minute, which is third in the FBS during that span. Both of his years as an offensive coordinator have seen Golesh’s offenses finish in the FBS top 10 in scoring offense and total offense.

321591_20210310_FB_Headshot_AF_010.jpg?w

Follow @CoachGolesh updated May 2022 Alex Golesh made an immediate impact as Tennessee’s offensive

Everyone and their mom knows thats Heupel's offense, not his. Dude is Jeff Scott 2.0. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BrowardBull17 said:

Everyone and their mom knows thats Heupel's offense, not his. Dude is Jeff Scott 2.0. 

Of course it's always the head coach that installs whatever schemes he wants to run. Sorry but heupel wasn't coming here. Jeff Scott was a co cordinator that didn't call plays. This guy is their only OC who according to the  Tenn website has called plays since his last year at UCF

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Of course it's always the head coach that installs whatever schemes he wants to run. Sorry but heupel wasn't coming here. Jeff Scott was a co cordinator that didn't call plays. This guy is their only OC who according to the  Tenn website has called plays since his last year at UCF

Who cares if he calls plays if he isn't experienced enough to hire a competent support staff!? We hired arguably the least experienced and least qualified candidate out there. To turn away a guy like Tom Herman for this is insanity. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BrowardBull17 said:

Who cares if he calls plays if he isn't experienced enough to hire a competent support staff!? We hired arguably the least experienced and least qualified candidate out there. To turn away a guy like Tom Herman for this is insanity. 

We don't know how much Herman wanted. He has no connections to this state.

I'm glad we didn't overpay for a retread. Use the savings on paying players. that's what will matter in the future for college football. Coaches don't win games. Players do.

7 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

We don't know how much Herman wanted. He has no connections to this state.

I'm glad we didn't overpay for a retread. Use the savings on paying players. that's what will matter in the future for college football. Coaches don't win games. Players do.

FAU can afford Herman and we can't!? WTF are you talking about!?

You keep mentioning money like I'm supposed to care about the money spent on a coach. Paying for players only works if you have a team and a coach worth a ****. 

Edited by BrowardBull17

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

14 minutes ago, BrowardBull17 said:

To turn away a guy like Tom Herman for this is insanity. 

This. What fu@@-up job by USF. 

• Downvote 1