• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt - the plot thickens

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

6 minutes ago, thekidnapper said:

I think if we are looking at people who love USF, I'd take Marquel Blackwell or even Stephen Nicholas before Larry Scott. For some reason, I'd prefer someone who hasn't been a head coach than a middling head coach since we could have some hope 😂

Scott is trying to win at freaking Howard.  From what I hear he has been successful recruiting to Howard which is not exactly easy to do.  He has head coaching experience, and hasn't been horrible.  At least he knows how to run a program.  None of the other guys have any experience doing that.  

We are almost out of options at this point.  I am not necessarily for Scott, but if we are going with the he bleeds green and gold route, then might as well look at him.  Maybe he would stick around awhile if he gets successful.  

Edited by BullsFanInTX
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Howard did win 4 out of last 5 this season appears Scott is slowly getting things turned around at Howard. 

Had a winning record as coach at Miami.

Early this week I'd say no but right now he is looking better some.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, BullsFanInTX said:

You can believe whatever you want to believe, but most if not all of us weren't there.

Leavitt was a very high strung emotional guy.  It would not surprise me in the least if he put his hands on the player.  If I had to make a bet whether he did or didn't grab the kid, I'm going with he did.  We've all seen video of him growling and yelling running up the sidelines.  He's very intense.  Something happened.  What I do not know.  Has he learned from this?

I would be OK from Leavitt but let's not kid ourselves that USF just out and out lied and that he's an innocent angel.  Something happened.  Maybe not to the level USF said, but if I had to bet, he put his hands on the kid in some way.  You can't really do that anymore.

I would support a Leavitt hire.  Mainly because there is no one that cared about USF football more than him, but he's not a perfect coach or man.  He probably was a little bit of an ego maniac.  Maybe that's what we need right now.  Some passion.  And frankly, we are almost out of options at this point.

Man, that almost perfectly mirrors all my feelings on this. I had also forgotten about the screen shot of him grabbing that player by the jersey that was posted somewhere during this ........ but it has been over a dozen years and people evolve. He can still have the fire and passion but just channel it better and would definitely support the hire also ........ but I'm not as certain as some that he's THE answer.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Too late Triple, Wormer dropped the bomb.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Too late Triple, Wormer dropped the bomb.

For some quirky reason, I'm digging the UCF/Russian connections ....

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,070
  • Days Won:  38

Okay ya boy is pissed.  But I hope it works out.