• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF players and the Transfer Portal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

1 hour ago, Rex Havoc said:

NIL and the portal will drive a lot of fans away. How are smaller schools ever going to keep their good players? 

Bad enough being separated by huge sums of TV money for AAC vs P5 but now we will be like a minor league in MLB where our good players are “called up” to the Bigs if they have a standout season.  We won’t be able to keep anyone from the $$$

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

7 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I have no problem with this, he played well, then he couldn’t catch a cold and then he quit.  It is a business, he can move on and we can call him what he is, let’s simply stop calling these guys students or kids, they are neither. 

Karma is a bummer.  We shall see.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Some will come and some will go. Gators have 23 in the Transfer Portal 

Because they don't like the new coach...way more strict than prior coach that recruited them. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,569
  • Days Won:  28

10 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I have no problem with this, he played well, then he couldn’t catch a cold and then he quit.  It is a business, he can move on and we can call him what he is, let’s simply stop calling these guys students or kids, they are neither. 

Having kids in college they are still my babies and I assume these kids are somebody else's babies. Stop being a jilted ex-girlfriend man. Weaver was our best receiver. Players come and go, that is how the game goes. The Gators and Texas A&M have like 25 players in the portal. These schools have great NIL set ups, but players want to simply play and that's cool. We are one our 3rd coach, 3rd OC in like 5 years. If I was an older player I would be exhausted of being part of a rebuilding team. At minimum I would go to a P5 if I wanted to be a part of a rebuilding team during my senior season. It's time for us to stop being so bitter every time a player leaves. We are better than that. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

10 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Some will come and some will go. Gators have 23 in the Transfer Portal 

Wow .....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

9 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Having kids in college they are still my babies and I assume these kids are somebody else's babies. Stop being a jilted ex-girlfriend man. Weaver was our best receiver. Players come and go, that is how the game goes. The Gators and Texas A&M have like 25 players in the portal. These schools have great NIL set ups, but players want to simply play and that's cool. We are one our 3rd coach, 3rd OC in like 5 years. If I was an older player I would be exhausted of being part of a rebuilding team. At minimum I would go to a P5 if I wanted to be a part of a rebuilding team during my senior season. It's time for us to stop being so bitter every time a player leaves. We are better than that. 

Unless I'm missing something, we're not being "bitter every time a player leaves". We fully understand why they'd want to go somewhere else. The ones catching the grief are primarily the ones perceived as quitting on their teammates. You don't have a problem with that, fine, but some do ....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Unless I'm missing something, we're not being "bitter every time a player leaves". We fully understand why they'd want to go somewhere else. The ones catching the grief are primarily the ones perceived as quitting on their teammates. You don't have a problem with that, fine, but some do ....

The team was 1-11 with a "dead man walking" coaching staff. Football believe it or not is a dangerous game in which you can lose your life or ability to walk. If we were trying to make a bowl game and these players quit on us, I could see the point in being upset. But this program was a hot mess so why risk injury. In the end, we finally got to see what Sean Atkins and the other WRs can do and I'm fine with who we have and will pick up in the transfer portal. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,355
  • Days Won:  5

11 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

and the other WRs can do

Did Ajuo-Ajuo play a snap? Thought he was the man? Let’s find out

8 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Did Ajuo-Ajuo play a snap? Thought he was the man? Let’s find out

He actually looked pretty good before he got injured. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

58 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The team was 1-11 with a "dead man walking" coaching staff. Football believe it or not is a dangerous game in which you can lose your life or ability to walk. If we were trying to make a bowl game and these players quit on us, I could see the point in being upset. But this program was a hot mess so why risk injury. In the end, we finally got to see what Sean Atkins and the other WRs can do and I'm fine with who we have and will pick up in the transfer portal. 

Well the players have a big part in us being a hot mess...