• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WBB looks great!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

Women up BIG and looking really sharp. Excited for the season though we seem to have the age old issue not making uncontested layups.

GO BULLS!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,261
  • Days Won:  1

If we can play like this the entire season and stay healthy we have a really good shot at getting into the sweet 16

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Puisis looking every bit a McDonald's All-American out there. CJF seems to have retooled and reloaded. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,467
  • Days Won:  25

It’s fun to watch a team that knows what they’re doing. And a coach, even up by 40, does not let mistakes go without getting in their, as coach Mo says, getting in their grits.

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,709
  • Days Won:  108

Well balanced attack tonight. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Offense might not be an issue. A couple of the Fr got blown by on defense but Morehead didn't convert shots. Our "bigs" had 4, 4 and 3 fouls against a not real good front line. And replacing the rebounding loss of Bethy from last year will be tough. 

Just trying to analyze and not be a downer. Saw a lot of good things tonight. The trf from FSU looks to be for real and we should get 3 more healthy in the next few weeks including Maria Alvarez and the Syracuse trf.

One other concern may be handling full court pressure. Will miss Pinzan when it comes to that. 

Year in and year out our WBB program is a joy to watch and are always competitive.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,467
  • Days Won:  25

Yea, I think we’ll struggle a bit with ucf’s style defense. Some of the fouls I didn’t even see, but I’m sure they were the correct calls.

Also it was great seeing @swampratBack in the building last night.

8 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Well balanced attack tonight. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Offense might not be an issue. A couple of the Fr got blown by on defense but Morehead didn't convert shots. Our "bigs" had 4, 4 and 3 fouls against a not real good front line. And replacing the rebounding loss of Bethy from last year will be tough. 

Just trying to analyze and not be a downer. Saw a lot of good things tonight. The trf from FSU looks to be for real and we should get 3 more healthy in the next few weeks including Maria Alvarez and the Syracuse trf.

One other concern may be handling full court pressure. Will miss Pinzan when it comes to that. 

Year in and year out our WBB program is a joy to watch and are always competitive.

From what we were potentially looking at following last season to now is a drastic improvement. This team will continue to improve as they get more time together. We have a good mix or skill sets. I'm interested to see how this season plays out. 

The schedule plays out nicely, with the difficult games coming up in about a month. CJF will have time to get them ready. 

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

From what we were potentially looking at following last season to now is a drastic improvement. This team will continue to improve as they get more time together. We have a good mix or skill sets. I'm interested to see how this season plays out. 

The schedule plays out nicely, with the difficult games coming up in about a month. CJF will have time to get them ready. 

I know the tournament in Ft Myers is the weekend of Thanksgiving. We open against Ga Tech and believe there are some good teams in that field.  Michigan and Baylor are in that tournament. Think we would only face one of those 2 because of the bracket.  

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I know the tournament in Ft Myers is the weekend of Thanksgiving. We open against Ga Tech and believe there are some good teams in that field.  Michigan and Baylor are in that tournament. Think we would only face one of those 2 because of the bracket.  

I forgot about that. After Georgia Tech we get one of Air Force or Michigan. Win both of those and then we are most likely looking at Baylor, although Villanova and Belmont are no slouches either. Still have 2 weeks to prepare for those games. The next 2 should be relatively easy as well. 

2022-Womens-Web-Bracket-copy.png

Edited by BullyPulpit

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

I forgot about that. After Georgia Tech we get one of Air Force or Michigan. Win both of those and then we are most likely looking at Baylor, although Villanova and Belmont are no slouches either. Still have 2 weeks to prepare for those games. The next 2 should be relatively easy as well. 

2022-Womens-Web-Bracket-copy.png

They played a couple of exhibition games against tournament teams and, reportedly, did well although I did not hear if they won or loss either.