• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Brad said:

Whoever said that must not know much about girlfriends.  

If they are from the daily stampede that’s a pretty safe bet

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Same for anyone that quote that lameness. 

Thanks for throwing it down.  I’ll take the assist  

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

USF is never hiring Jim Leavitt. I hope most of us can move forward.

I think all of us can.  Look in the stands.  Most everybody has moved on to better life pursuits.

If you want the football program to actually move forward you consider it.  What inside baseball do you have that says no way, no how?  Why?  Why absolutely **** on the legacy of your program form what really reads like a hit-piece.  How many retreads will these tires take?  4-26!  Three more years of that?  In the AAC?  Did we even beat any non I-AA programs during the last three years?  I personally couldn't tell you because I stopped paying attention like everybody else.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

As TDS said last time around before xCJS was hired.

Just stop it. Seriously. Y’all act like Leavitt was your first girlfriend from high school. It’s embarrassing.

You make it like he's some **** coach.  At every program he's been at he's gotten a LOT out of not a ton of talent.  Oregon was probably his most talented roster but KState, Colorado, USF in its infancy?, FAU.  Guy can coach.  Weird that so many people are so against the actual concept.  What the hell is going on here?  Is there a line forming somewhere to come coach this ******** program?

Come coach our directional commuter school with zero talent, a **** conference, no conference wins and no on campus stadium.  Sign me up!

Edited by USFreak
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  227

9 hours ago, smazza said:

that you put leavitt in the same sentence as spurrier is laughable on so many levels

I wasn’t comparing Spurrier’s vs. Leavitt’s achievements, if that’s what you mean by “laughable”. I was using Spurrier as an example of a person who is well-known, has had a significant impact on a program, and now represents that program in an ambassador-type role. Seems to me that Leavitt is also well known amongst the USF fan base, and has also had a significant impact on the program.  I would think that Leavitt would be a good ambassador for USF football, if he would be interested. Would never be a dull moment!

Guess I’m now a true Bullspenner, now that I’ve been smazzaed…

Go Bulls

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, Brad said:

More from the soon-to-be-disappointed-but-fully-warned-by-JTrue:

Dear Jim Leavitt

A letter to a legend

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43
3 hr ago

Dear Jim Leavitt,

You don’t know me. We met once briefly. But I was essentially a kid. A sophomore at USF and you took a picture with my roommate and I during a basketball game on campus.

In a weird way you played a large roll in my life. As a kid who loved college football, I applied to USF solely because of the energy around the football program. I’d never been to Tampa and never heard of USF until I saw them drop Auburn fans’ jaws on the floor of their own stadium. Jessie Hester in the front corner. Such an amazing moment. This wasn’t the Florida Gators, it was something different. It was 12 years removed from being an office in a trailer and it left a Jordan-Hare stadium in complete shock. I fell for USF. I applied. I was accepted. Met my lifelong friends and my wife. I got two degrees. And the rest is history. But without what you built, many of that would be different for me and surely not accented in green and gold.

But back to you and what you built. 

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43

Read the rest:

https://bulldisclosure.substack.com/p/dear-jim-leavitt?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

Awwww that's sweet. It's a legit football love letter. I can respect it. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

On 11/6/2022 at 8:01 PM, Dave_Glaser said:

Everyone who wants to blame Judy Genshaft for the original firing should consider this: The woman is one of the university’s top 3-4 donors. Gonna risk that to bring Jim back?

if Da ‘Shaft is *STILL* bumsore over what SHE did to Leavitt 15 years ago to the point of withholding donations to the University or USF athletics then she’s not the woman USF alum remember.

as a former STUDENT I think of Judy as a top notch academic administrator who improved not just the quality of my education but the VALUE of my degree from the University of South Florida. 

looking back the only negative I can remember from my time there as a student & subsequent season ticket holder was her firing of CJL— a firing which had more support than it should (from myself as well, sadly) have because TBH it was REALLY just a bogus cover for dumping a coach who couldn’t quite get to 10 wins.

it would be the height of pettiness for her to hold a grudge against Jim 15 years later when she wasn’t even the alleged “victim” of the so-called incident.

i hope Judy is better than that.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

if Da ‘Shaft is *STILL* bumsore over what SHE did to Leavitt 15 years ago to the point of withholding donations to the University or USF athletics then she’s not the woman USF alum remember.

as a former STUDENT I think of Judy as a top notch academic administrator who improved not just the quality of my education but the VALUE of my degree from the University of South Florida. 

looking back the only negative I can remember from my time there as a student & subsequent season ticket holder was her firing of CJL— a firing which had more support than it should (from myself as well, sadly) have because TBH it was REALLY just a bogus cover for dumping a coach who couldn’t quite get to 10 wins.

it would be the height of pettiness for her to hold a grudge against Jim 15 years later when she wasn’t even the alleged “victim” of the so-called incident.

i hope Judy is better than that.

All of this is quite true and logical, but some people only have power as a currency. USF bringing Leavitt back would be an indictment on her handling of the situation. It would be an admission that it was the wrong move and by association a bad decision by her. Can she take that punch to her ego? At this point... WHO CARES!

She may be a top-5 donor only because she tore down a program that could generate more donors. She did a lot for USF, I don't want to minimize that, but if this is something that kills her relationship with USF, so be it. People make mistakes, she and Woolard made a huge one with their handling of Leavitt. At some point, egos can't continue to control the situation.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,731
  • Days Won:  425

I’m thinking JG is a pretty smart chick and can look back and see that she miscalculated about getting rid of The Jim being a good move for the program. 

• Haha 1