• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

You ride the horse that brought you.  Jim is the lowest risk hire of likely all possible hires in my estimation.  Even without getting knee deep in stats, every job he's been at he's made a positive impact that's noticeable even to casual observers.  His defensive players play incredibly hard.  His love for this area is unmatched.  He would likely have a large rolodex of coaching hires he could make to support winning and recruiting as soon as year one.

I think that's the thing.  I know there are are a few saying "no way in hell" but it that because of the chances of it happening or really wanting it not to happen?  A lot of the cogs from that time period are long gone - Gerdes, Genshaft, Woolard, Selmon, etc.  Are the larger boosters on board with all the **** that went down or did time heal those wounds.  

Forget for a second this program is his baby and just go to the coaching he did when he moved on.  Oregon and Colorado improved fast.  His recruiting and stamp on this area are still very positive and parents sent their kids to play with him.  

I think this stuff is so blown up and there are far too many egos involved.  Can the program get any worse?  I mean this is literally the lowest of the low.  The admin will do what they want but I see this post getting pointed out 3 years from now again.  And yes, as Dave mentioned in an earlier post if it doesn't happen this go round we can officially put it to bed.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

@zarnozdabull your getting "roasted" was calling out your purposely outlandish post.  Don't play the victim.

I, and others, enjoy the vast majority of your posts.

The report was flawed when the fact that the "most important man in the room" turned out to be a lie.  That negated at least one of the player/witnesses that was feeding the tainted report.

I'm not saying 'pity me,' I'm just holding you to the same standards as all the other posters who make claims without sources besides themselves. Who was the player that negated it? I believe in the report it says that he said it to Ben Busbee or Grothe, so it had to be one of them. Otherwise, the other players have nothing to negate.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

People make claims all the time without "sources"  I'm not demanding anybody show sources.  Not sure where you got that.  My repsonse is to this:

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

I**EDIT** Oh and now I am seeing this maybe never happened.  So even less of a problem.  

From where are you getting this information besides Brad’s one comment?

I’m sorry, I get roasted all the time by the mods for not presenting substantiating information to my claims and now feel the need to do the same.

The only still existing proof is a legit report saying he did.  

---------------------------------------------------

You weren't told to provide sources from your outlandish post, because there were none. 

And you can cling to the report if you want to.  You will not be alone.  But a fair reading of it does not inspire confidence.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,616
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

The funny thing about phrases is that if we won, it would have been genius. 

Well it didn't... so time to not use corny catch phrases that mean nothing.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Brad said:

And you can cling to the report if you want to.  You will not be alone.  But a fair reading of it does not inspire confidence.

I'm still saying even if the report is true, I never put too much stock in it as a controversial statement. Not a wise one when you have employers, but definitely a human one!

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

3 hours ago, USFreak said:

I think that's the thing.  I know there are are a few saying "no way in hell" but it that because of the chances of it happening or really wanting it not to happen?  A lot of the cogs from that time period are long gone - Gerdes, Genshaft, Woolard, Selmon, etc.  Are the larger boosters on board with all the **** that went down or did time heal those wounds.  

Forget for a second this program is his baby and just go to the coaching he did when he moved on.  Oregon and Colorado improved fast.  His recruiting and stamp on this area are still very positive and parents sent their kids to play with him.  

I think this stuff is so blown up and there are far too many egos involved.  Can the program get any worse?  I mean this is literally the lowest of the low.  The admin will do what they want but I see this post getting pointed out 3 years from now again.  And yes, as Dave mentioned in an earlier post if it doesn't happen this go round we can officially put it to bed.

I will be on board if he can bring back Wally Burnham as his DC, the real key coach behind the Bulls of the Big East.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

#EndHate

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,616
  • Days Won:  25

23 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I will be on board if he can bring back Wally Burnham as his DC, the real key coach behind the Bulls of the Big East.

I wonder how old Burnham is now 80?

Wally Burnham brings more than 50 years of experience to The Hill in his first season as Arkansas’ defensive analyst. Burnham previously spent seven seasons at Iowa...

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

#EndHate

Hopefully USF hires Leavitt ASAP so that most of us can move forward. Go Bulls!!

• Upvote 1