• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,086
  • Days Won:  469

7 minutes ago, USFreak said:

What the hell went south?

A true crisis in leadership. 

Much like anonymous fans on the internet. The easiest path was to burn it down, and they did (and were sure to get no ashes on themselves).

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

A true crisis in leadership. 

Much like anonymous fans on the internet. The easiest path was to burn it down, and they did (and were sure to get no ashes on themselves).

But it doesn't add up. I get the clash of the egos and maybe even the clash of education vs. sports.  But I was in those rooms with Judy.  Was it all fake?  Was she simply John Allen 2.0 secretly trying to get rid of the sports that Allen never wanted in the first place?

There is so much bizarro **** that goes down with USF sports. None of it makes sense sometimes and I swear the Indian burial ground thing isn't too far off the mark.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

20 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

No more corny phrases that brought us one fbs win.

The funny thing about phrases is that if we won, it would have been genius. 

14 minutes ago, USFreak said:

But it doesn't add up. I get the clash of the egos and maybe even the clash of education vs. sports.  But I was in those rooms with Judy.  Was it all fake?  Was she simply John Allen 2.0 secretly trying to get rid of the sports that Allen never wanted in the first place?

There is so much bizarro **** that goes down with USF sports. None of it makes sense sometimes and I swear the Indian burial ground thing isn't too far off the mark.

A revenge-seeking, Tampa Tribune-fired McMurphy utilized a small number of disgruntled, injured players to execute his playbook on what otherwise would have been worthy of something far less.  He went after Leavitt just like Mangino and Leach had been disposed.  As one player told me, we could say anything and Brett would promise not to use our name. 

When the lie about being "the most powerful man in the building" was distributed, it wouldn't take much more to get an AD and many others (including players) lined up against you.

We mishandled it from there.

I think the plateau talk sealed the deal.  USF brought in Thomas Gonzalez, their terminator.  A month later a shabbily assembled report and the end of the problem.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

A revenge-seeking, Tampa Tribune-fired McMurphy utilized a small number of disgruntled, injured players to execute his playbook on what otherwise would have been worthy of something far less.  He went after Leavitt just like Mangino and Leach had been disposed.  As one player told me, we could say anything and Brett would promise not to use our name. 

When the lie about being "the most powerful man in the building" was distributed, it wouldn't take much more to get an AD and many others (including players) lined up against you.

We mishandled it from there.

I think the plateau talk sealed the deal.  USF brought in Thomas Gonzalez, their terminator.  A month later a shabbily assembled report and the end of the problem.

I get that the BM had it out for Leavitt.  What is still a mystery is what the guy has against USF in general 13 years later.  Someone equated it to an arsonist enjoying the fire but it seems like more than that.  That is a loser mentality.   I still have no idea what really happened but have leaned towards it being a minor incident just because of the BM obsession. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

3 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

I get that the BM had it out for Leavitt.  What is still a mystery is what the guy has against USF in general 13 years later.  Someone equated it to an arsonist enjoying the fire but it seems like more than that.  That is a loser mentality.   I still have no idea what really happened but have leaned towards it being a minor incident just because of the BM obsession. 

You would be surprised how deep the loser mentality can go!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

You ride the horse that brought you.  Jim is the lowest risk hire of likely all possible hires in my estimation.  Even without getting knee deep in stats, every job he's been at he's made a positive impact that's noticeable even to casual observers.  His defensive players play incredibly hard.  His love for this area is unmatched.  He would likely have a large rolodex of coaching hires he could make to support winning and recruiting as soon as year one.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

I**EDIT** Oh and now I am seeing this maybe never happened.  So even less of a problem.  

From where are you getting this information besides Brad’s one comment?

I’m sorry, I get roasted all the time by the mods for not presenting substantiating information to my claims and now feel the need to do the same.

The only still existing proof is a legit report saying he did.  

@zarnozdabull your getting "roasted" was calling out your purposely outlandish post.  Don't play the victim.

I, and others, enjoy the vast majority of your posts.

The report was flawed when the fact that the "most important man in the room" turned out to be a lie.  That negated at least one of the player/witnesses that was feeding the tainted report.

One player in the report told me it what was actuallly about and it was petty.  Had the players not been used by McMurph they could have solved the complaints internally.  Disgruntlement leads some in the wrong direction or the open arms of an equally disgruntled reporter.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

5 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

From where are you getting this information besides Brad’s one comment?

I’m sorry, I get roasted all the time by the mods for not presenting substantiating information to my claims and now feel the need to do the same.

The only still existing proof is a legit report saying he did.  

Is it a "legit" report? By whom exactly was it corroborated? McTurd was integral in setting and controlling the narrative surrounding Leavitt.

I have personally lived through a corrupt investigation where supposed "journalists" were able to control the narrative and present their slanted side of the story. I witnessed first-hand a blatant disregard of facts that run counter to the "story" being pursued. 

• Like 1