• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What Needs to Happen!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

Don't think anyone has attacked him as a person.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,039
  • Days Won:  38

100%.  I am still partially hoping they can pull something out miraculously.  I guess call it denial, but I was hoping he was going to be the guy.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,356
  • Days Won:  43

I will never fault people for trying. Being a head coach is not easy. Many coaches failed at their first head coaching gigs. Time to give CJL another chance at USF. I’m a Christian so I forgive. Go Bulls!

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

19 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

This wasn’t directed at people on this board necessarily. Definitely not the case on the bird app. It is mostly a general sentiment after reading many personal attacks against him. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,039
  • Days Won:  38

29 minutes ago, SquishaBull said:

This wasn’t directed at people on this board necessarily. Definitely not the case on the bird app. It is mostly a general sentiment after reading many personal attacks against him. 

Yeah I can't imagine what is happening on say a Twitter.

• Content Count:  10,875
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, SquishaBull said:

If/When Jeff Scott gets fired, I hope USF fans can somehow dig deep and show some dignity and class. I, too, have reached the point where I believe the only left to do is make it official, and let him go. There are no “benefits of the doubt” left. However, this all didn’t go the way he planned or hoped either.

I was at the luncheon. I believed what he was selling, but more importantly he believed it too. And at that point, the players believed in him. And many of those players chose to come here because of Jeff Scott. As frustrated as I’m sure they all are, they care for him, and for the most part kept fighting. He came in with a clear vision, and a plan, and worked that plan the best he could. The Clemson plan simply didn’t work here. I don’t think he is a bad person and I think he has a lovely family. He is coming to grips with failing his first head coaching stint.

I realize this may come off as self-righteous, but let’s not forget to extend the human act of grace and dignity, when the element of failure and regret have hit a good person that cared and gave his all. Maybe its because I sat through a good sermon today. Maybe it’s just that I don’t believe CJS deserves to be verbally dragged through the streets and stoned with insults. Remove if it’s too “preachy” and not enough “sporty”. 

Past that point and just want him gone.  I missed most of the game yesterday due to travels but people say the kids are still fighting for him??? If we did not make any stops on a terrible team on defense the whole game then how bad is this team if they were out there fighting?? Are we sure this team hasn’t mailed it in for the most part or Temple hanging 50 plus is the result of the kids playing with heart?  Serious question, I am guessing he has lost the locker room, would like for you to explain how this team is still playing hard for him. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,593
  • Days Won:  424

57 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Then you haven't been paying attention through his tenure here .... hopefully there won't be any going forward.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

I completely agree that Jeff Scott should be spared of any insults. I have no animosity towards somebody who probably put in their best shot. 

However, are we certain that the USF athletic director doesn't need insults thrown his way? From an outsider's perspective, just a Tampa native, this looks like sabotage. When do we grab pitchforks? 

• Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Past that point and just want him gone.  I missed most of the game yesterday due to travels but people say the kids are still fighting for him??? If we did not make any stops on a terrible team on defense the whole game then how bad is this team if they were out there fighting?? Are we sure this team hasn’t mailed it in for the most part or Temple hanging 50 plus is the result of the kids playing with heart?  Serious question, I am guessing he has lost the locker room, would like for you to explain how this team is still playing hard for him. 

What I was saying is that they’ve fought for him “for the most part.” Yesterday, I saw the D mail it in for sure. As bad as their record has been for the last three years, it amazed me how long they lasted. Now that it’s official, I hope he lands on his feet and finds success somewhere. Go Bulls!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1