• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Judy is responsible for this mess

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Judy certainly shoulders some blame, but you cannot swing and miss as badly as USF did on 3 out of the last 4 football coaches. That takes the majority of the blame. That is on the AD/Search firm/whoever else decided to hire Holtz, Strong, and Scott. I don't care if "experts" will scream that "they were the right hire at the time". This program would be in a lot different shape if even one of those 3 could figure out a way to win 7 games a year. When we swing and miss, we don't swing and miss with mediocre guys. We swing and miss with absolutely pathetic / bottom of the barrell type of stuff. Truly amazing.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Somewhere you have to insert Nov 12th, 2009.  The day the music died for CJL.

You know how long that took to become anything.  It was used by others, as described.  No other program would have done what USF did for something like that.  

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, Brad said:

You know how long that took to become anything.  It was used by others, as described.  No other program would have done what USF did for something like that.  

Not saying how they got rid of him was the way to do it, but that game was when the powers that be went over the edge.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

On 11/10/2022 at 7:25 PM, Brad said:

I looked into my evidence folder, here is what @FazaUSF was referring to.  This came from the investigation notes and was published in the Tampa paper.

Where' there's smoke, conceal it!  Unnerving.

Mr. Besterfield might have been a little suspicious of the situation, may have known a little more...we'll never know.

Never read that, but Judy used to say it in person regularly. I also let her know I was hoping she would not fire Leavitt and let's just say that philosophy made itself known again. I am sure someone would have quoted her sometime or had to be recorded somewhere since it wasn't exactly a secret and she said it from time to time.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

We need a 30 for 30...

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

On 11/5/2022 at 7:35 PM, bcgruber said:

She chose the wrong path for future success at USF.  She thought academics would win out and the rest of the story would follow.  She bet wrong. SPORTS are the way to greenier pastures, but she got rid of the 2 best coaches USF ever had in Stan Heath and Jim Levitt.  This was all on Judy's watch.  But everything thinks she is great...she wasn't

Judy was a kind person; she really remembered the students that she met. However, I believe that she was over-paid as a University President. And while academics greatly improved; our athletics became a disaster. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

15 hours ago, Brad said:

We need a 30 for 30...

If we win a national championship in the new 12-team CFP... then we will have a 30 for 30

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

16 hours ago, Brad said:

We need a 30 for 30...

The rise and fall of USF.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

55 minutes ago, Bear said:

Judy was a kind person; she really remembered the students that she met. However, I believe that she was over-paid as a University President. And while academics greatly improved; our athletics became a disaster. 

She did not care about athletics she cared about academics. WE greatly improved in academics at the expense of athletics. I have two degrees my BA from USF and my Master degree from Saint Leo. No one ever says wow USF is such a better academic institution than Saint Leo or vice versa. I do get man your football team was good and they are terrible now when I wear USF gear

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

17 hours ago, Outlaw said:

She did not care about athletics she cared about academics. WE greatly improved in academics at the expense of athletics. I have two degrees my BA from USF and my Master degree from Saint Leo. No one ever says wow USF is such a better academic institution than Saint Leo or vice versa. I do get man your football team was good and they are terrible now when I wear USF gear

This...

There are maybe 3% of jobs in the world that people worry about where you went to school. If anything, good ole boy network is priority vs any actual institution and that GOB network exists because people have ties to their school... and often times, at least in the south, that is football. I am sure there are law firms up north that only hire Harvard grads, but if you dig, I bet they would say that Harvard is the best school and that is why we look there, but the reality is that the people making the decisions went there, have ties there, probably get good candidates from there and don't feel the need to branch out.

Down here, I suspect a UF degree could open a few doors for you, or could be the deciding factor between 2 equal candidates, but it's not because people have a reverence of their education, it's because people are addicted to their football program. And, if I have to work with this person 40+ hours per week, at least there is a built-in conversation starter at the beginning of every week in the fall. In Florida, it's also geographical. My company has several USF grads in our Tampa office, meanwhile, I have 4 UCF grads working for me.